(Exophiala) Has anyone managed to deal with a lethargic and disorientated seahorse successfully?

ILLA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
1 of my seahorses has gone lethargic and disorientated, I have been treating the tank with anti fungal and have the UV filter on every now and then but I'd like to know if anyone has managed to rescue the fish suffering that problem.
Thanks

TamiW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you give us more information? There isn't enough here to make any suggestions. It would be good to know how long you've had the seahorse, what the tank setup is, what the parameters are, why you're treating for a fungal condition, what medication you're using, etc...? Pictures of the seahorse in question, and aquarium would be helpful. Since you describe disorientation and lethargy, can you get some video?

OP
OP
ILLA

ILLA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi thanks
Let me ask you a question.
Have you successfully treated a lethargic and disorientated seahorse?
If you have, I would be extremely grateful if you could share your experience with me.
Thanks again.

TamiW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't. "Disoriented" and "lethargic" are two very general symptoms. Without more detail, there isn't anything I can compare it to.

Are you looking for permission to euthanize the seahorse? Is that what/why you're asking? I'm trying my best to guess what information exactly you're trying to get.

Without more detail, there is nothing to compare to and explain. In the most general sense, yes, I have had seahorses that have an illness that included the symptoms of lethargy and/or disorientation and have been able to treat it. In other cases, no. Without some specifics, it's not something I can comment on without have a clearer idea of what your situation is.

You question is overly broad. Without more details, I don't think anyone will be able to answer.

In addition to that, I wouldn't expect to find true fungus in seahorses. It's extremely rare - unless you've confirmed with microscopy then you're probably treating for the wrong thing. I don't know that for sure, as you haven't explained the information you've included in the title.

OP
OP
ILLA

ILLA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want/need guesses.
I'm after a practical solution.
And I certainly don't appericiate your insinuation about euthanizing the animal.
I found your comment not helpful at all and I'd like to kindly ask you to move on to another thread.
Thanks for your time.

TamiW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I am telling you that you haven't given enough information for anyone to give you the concrete examples you are demanding. You are describing some overly broad and vague symptoms with zero context. You're not going to get an answer, at least not one that will apply to your specific situation.

I didn't write about euthanasia to insinuate anything; it's an unfortunate part of compassionate pet keeping. However, your question has a fatalistic tone and in the absence of real, hard information, I'm trying hard to guess what the situation is in order to answer your question. You are being short on details - I can't see how anyone can answer your question about a non-specific symptoms. You are asking an overly broad question while offering no context that anyone can use to help.

If that's what you want to do, then fine, I'll leave this thread; it's no skin off my back. But if you can't provide the most basic details, no one is going to be able to give you the answer you're looking for. I mean, I'm trying to be helpful and you're making it really difficult; I'm trying to say that as nicely as I can but you're not leaving me a lot of options. So you can continue to be dodgy and not explain what you're asking or why. But that is a standard part of troubleshooting in any aquarium on any forum; so good luck getting help without it. Maybe someone can read your mind, but I can't.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back