• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Very bad seller beware

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

lawboy888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know if it is appropriate to post this here but i feel that members here should be aware of this particular seller from ebay. I bought several pieces of chalice from this guy. he not only sent several totally different cheaper pieces and actually left out one totally. when i tried to work it out with him, he started to go into a rant and basically called me a liar lol. i have already turned him into paypal and ebay. dont know if this will help but he has been shut down on ebay but just in case this guy tries to sale here. here is his full infor.

Seller's Name: harry friedman
Seller's Email: [email protected]

he is from NewYork area. please beware of this seller

Dmmz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on if he sells on here if he does you can't post anything negative about him but otherwise it is fine to post it

OP
OP
L

lawboy888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i can leave it up to Mod to decide but this guy is bad news. hate to have others get rip off like i did.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Depends on if he sells on here if he does you can't post anything negative about him but otherwise it is fine to post it

Actually, no seller is off limits to receiving feedback here. The feedback forums are available to anyone who has had a transaction that they would like to report (positive or negative) regardless of who the seller or buyer is. Just wanted to clarify to avoid confusion.

The feedback forum is available for use in declaring positive and negative transactions and for settling disputes between buyers and sellers (which is why parties not involved in the transaction are not allowed to post in a feedback thread). If you have any questions about the feedback forum, feel free to contact me (or any member of Team R2R) directly.

i can leave it up to Mod to decide but this guy is bad news. hate to have others get rip off like i did.

Hey bro, this is one of the big reasons that we have this feedback forum. Thanks for letting folks know. Hopefully, the situation can be resolved between you and the seller, but either way, thanks for letting folks know.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lawboy888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks bro..as a long time hobbyist, and being on several different forums, i just feel like it's my duty to pass on the infor about this seller so others dont fall for this guy. he's was on ebay but they have since banned him. just making sure our board here have notice

OP
OP
L

lawboy888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
let me look it up. a one time transaction cause i saw he has some nice pieces. should have known better and stick with sellers i know. i guess in this business there are ways some crooks lol

OP
OP
L

lawboy888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
harvivharry is this guy's ebay name....please be careful. i am hoping paypal and ebay will do right about this loser

OP
OP
L

lawboy888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think this guy has since switched account on ebay. this new account looks very similar to something he lifted of an indo site. lol i wonder how ebay keeps up with bad seller that just basically switched accounts and keep doing the same.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think this guy has since switched account on ebay. this new account looks very similar to something he lifted of an indo site. lol i wonder how ebay keeps up with bad seller that just basically switched accounts and keep doing the same.

Yea, I wonder. His first saltwater sale wasnt until 7-17-14. Strange.

OP
OP
L

lawboy888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, in july of this year was his first salt water sale LOL . coincidentally right scamming me and getting his ebay account shut down lol. dont get me wrong, there are some really good vendors on ebay and for sure sponsors on this site. although ebay sellers are a little more immune from feed backs since they can always switch accounts.

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much why I avoid eBay. Unless you are ordering from a reputable seller like WWC on eBay that advertises for the sale here, I wouldn't trust anybody selling corals on that site.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have bought lots of corals on ebay... Never once had a issue knock on wood. I have had more problems from supposedly reputable places.

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read this thread literally one day AFTER ordering from "POLATO" on Ebay and have been waiting for the other shoe to drop, unfortunately for me it has. I have had numerous dealings on this forum and on ebay with no issues, as a matter of fact I have made some great relationship through these transactions but this one went south. I ordered a piece that he had pictured for the price of $260.00, that is where we arrived after a little back and forth. It was a $300.00 buy now or make offer situation. I requested another photo and he texted me one, looked good so I grabbed it. He texted me please let me know when it arrives, wants to know how it looks in my tank. I responded with the question is sig. required on delivery? He said no but just wants to see how it looks which I think is decent of him. Anyway sure enough I get a call next day from driver saying I was not home and can get it tonight at the warehouse, FED EX btw. Also said the box is soaked, leaking everywhere. I call to try and make arrangements/meet driver and they do not do that, come betweeen5:45and 7. So I do and the box is SOAKED, they put another under it because it was gone. I get it home TAKE SEVERAL PHOTOS OF THE ONE INCH STILL IN BAG AND THE HALF DEAD CORAL and send it all to this Harry guy. He says the coral will be fine, put it in water. So I do and I take photo the next day. Its skeleton is exposed and mouth is gaping. This is a meat coral by the way. He says give it more time and I said "this is not what I ordered if it does not come around I am not feeing good about paying this much for a severely distressed animal that may never come back. He says ship it back and will refund after much back and forth and stalling. It is going to surely die if I ship it back so after two days I say please give me a partial refund, shipping will surely do it in and we can just forget it. HE SAYS SEND ME A NUMBER AND HE WILL SLEEP ON IT AND IF HES NOT HAPPY WITH THE NUMBER TO SHIP IT BACK. I OFFERED $80.00 AND WE FORGET IT. He turned into a complete jerk, this guy has and never has any intention on refunding a dime. So if I ship him a dead coral what then? Im screwed? Any thoughts or ideas?? I will post photos of what I ordered and what came in, vastly different. I own a business by the way and would never stall and delay to keep from just doing the right thing!!

OP
OP
L

lawboy888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should report him to ebay and make a claim with Pay Pal. this a hole will continue to rip people off and Ebay will let him switch accounts over and over again. i will copy your post to another forum...apparently there is another member on another forum who lives right down the street from this loser.

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update on my experience, he reached out to me late Saturday and Sunday I accepted his offer. Was not 100% what I asked but honestly it's not about money, just wanted him to work with me and ultimately he did. Sorry for the thread hijack but I felt it was appropriate all things considered. I think he was a little quick to think my intentions were not genuine and I was thinking the same especially after reading this. I hope your situation becomes resolved, overall the reefing community is as good as any you can be associated with. Had to make known how my situation ended to be fair

Back