• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

AI SOLs and Hydra for sale

fragman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scored a pile of AI SOL fixtures from a friend who tour down his tanks. I have one mint condition SOL Blue for $175. I have 6ea. SOL Whites that I'll sell for $150 ea. Or I can update them to Hydra fixtures for a total of $375ea. So once converted the Hydra is basically "Brand New". I can get them in Black or white. I did my first one yesterday and it was a piece of cake. The only parts that you use from the SOL are the heat sink and fan, everything else is brand new. So I have 6 available, get em while they last!

n6hw.jpg

datboyhieu

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scored a pile of AI SOL fixtures from a friend who tour down his tanks. I have one mint condition SOL Blue for $175. I have 6ea. SOL Whites that I'll sell for $150 ea. Or I can update them to Hydra fixtures for a total of $375ea. So once converted the Hydra is basically "Brand New". I can get them in Black or white. I did my first one yesterday and it was a piece of cake. The only parts that you use from the SOL are the heat sink and fan, everything else is brand new. So I have 6 available, get em while they last!

n6hw.jpg

Interested in the sol blues just the sol no upgrade

OP
OP
fragman2

fragman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Controller questions

When I got these AI SOLs, Vega, and now upgraded Hydra lights I had no controller. Without a controller the SOLs just go on and off. The Vega and Hydra fixtures have 6 intensities using the simple On-off switch. I ordered the AI wireless controller for $80 and it works great. All 6 or 8 colors are individually dimmable and the programming options are limitless. (and fun) I discovered that it only controls the lights as a single group of lights and I have decided to put them over three separate tanks: a 30 inch deep 210gal, a 75gal and a 20 gal frag tank. In order to have different dimmable settings for each group of lights, I'm going to need the AI Director, which I ordered last week. The AI Director will allow me to control groups of lights separately with my, computer, iPad, iPhone, etc…. It should be here Tuesday :) So I guess that I'll have a two week old AI controller for sale soon too. ($80)

PM's have been answered.

Last edited:

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish that ai sol blue was with the blk housing I'd have sent payment already nonetheless great prices

OP
OP
fragman2

fragman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The SOLs, Hydra, and Vega fixtures are also controlable using a variety of third party Controllers. The guy I got these lights from used a Profilux controller. I believe that Apex and other controlers also work.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back