• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Vertex Alpha 250 Made by Royal Exclusiv

ifrizk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This skimmer is now sitting around due to I'm now running the larger version of this one. Im now running the Vertex Alpha 300 Protein Skimmer. I've not been sure if I was willing to part with it because these are such great skimmers and was going to keep it as a back up.
But I guess I will see if about anyone is interested. There are no cracks this was a very well taking care of.

This skimmer was manufactured by Royal Exclusiv which are the guys that make Bubble King Skimmers. These were manufactured for Vertex. Just to let you guys know The Royal Exclusiv manufactured the Alpha skimmer line which was made in Germany and if you are familiar with Bubble King then you know how amazing those skimmers are which are also made by The Royal Exclusiv.

Now to the SAD part the new Alpha's are no longer made by Bubble King and instead are made by a cheap company in China for Vertex. The quality is poor compared to before with the new ones. Also the new ones don't have Royal Exclusiv on the Lid.

This skimmer is in perfect condition. As well as the pumps.

Selling for 800.00 new they over 1300.00

here is a link.
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/vertex...n-skimmer.html

One more thing you can get the same Laguna/Askoll block for $150.. It comes inside a pond pump called the Laguan Maxflo 1500. You then swap the impeller, volute and base to the new block and you are as good as new. That said, they rarely fail and the Red Dragon which is what comes with this skimmer is arguably the best skimmer pump on the market. The only reason they typically fail is from a lack of maintenance and calcium build up within the block or a shell stuck in the impeller for too long. Both cause friction on the impeller magnet and if not resolved, the block will burn out from the additional friction. This can be said about any pump.

Look forward to hearing for you guys.
thanks

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 59 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back