• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

FS: ReefDynamics INS180E

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sale is my Reef Dynamics INS180E.

The body is 9 months old and the pump is almost new at 1 month old. No cracks, all parts included, in great working order.

This skimmer retails for $800, heck the pump alone is $300, and the wait is a few weeks, you rarely see these for sale used.

I'm looking for $500 for it. If you are looking for a big skimmer that everyone seems to love, save some money and buy this one. I am pretty sure that the warranty is transferrable, I'd have to check, I bet they would take care of you if you had any issues either way. Ask people about their customer service.

The fancy ehiem pump is quieter than the cheaper version, and it will last several years (instead of 1-2 like the cheaper version are said to). The pump has a custom made venturi and runs well and the pinwheel is also 1 month old (came with the new pump). The old pump was replaced due to concerns about stability, this one is rock solid, no burps.

The skimmer is heavy duty, I have never seen or handled a better made skimmer, PVC welds, heavy material, it is tough, and it will last ages. I have the manual and all of the materials that came with it.

Here is a stock photo of the skimmer, looks the same as mine (mine is a tiny bit cloudier since I didn't give her a full vinegar bath).

INS180E-2.jpg

Technical specs from RD site:

Sump Space Required For Skimmer/ Footprint: 13.5" x 11"
Total Height Required: 24"
Ideal Water Level: 7" Constant
Reaction Chamber & Cup Diameter: 8"
Reaction Chamber Volume: 2.18 Gallons
Pump Inlet Size: 1"
Water Outlet Size: 1½"
Pump (included): Modified EHEIM 1260 Water Pump
Pump Consumption With Maximum Air Intake: 40 Watts @ 115/120 VAC 60hz
Air Intake: 900-960 lph
Water Flow Through: 400 gph+/ Depending On Air:Water Ratio

Please PM me if you have any questions. Thanks for looking. Located in San Luis Obispo.

Link to RD site:
http://www.reefdynamics.com/INS180E-Protein-Skimmer-w-Ehiem-Pump-p/ins180e.htm

Back