• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

For Sale - Aquamaxx ConeS CO-3 Protein Skimmer

Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R, selling my Aquamaxx CO-3 skimmer due to downsizing tanks and no longer have a need for this beast. Here are the specs as well as a few pictures. This is the 1st Gen model. Skimmer is located in San Diego, CA 92123. $375.00. My paypal email is [email protected]. Thanks for looking.

HIGH PERFORMANCE
AquaMaxx ConeS Skimmers feature custom Italian-made Sicce pumps with special needle wheel impellers to whip up large amounts of air with optimum bubble size. These pump and protein skimmer combinations deliver unprecedented performance and reliability. Aquarium waste will be vigorously removed from your tank so you can focus less on maintenance and more on enjoying your piece of the reef.

SUPERIOR DESIGN
AquaMaxx Cone-Series Protein Skimmers are designed from the ground up with the hobbyist in mind. A built-in air intake silencer reduces noise for near-silent operation. The hybrid-cone design maximizes the size of the reaction chamber and to allow the skimmate to smoothly rise into the collection cup. The advanced Bubble Chamber decreases turbulence and produced a stable laminar flow: which improves bubble transition and boosts skimmer performance.

SPECIFICATIONS
  • Volume Rating: 500 Gallons
  • Footprint: 12.6" x 14.6â€
  • Height: 22.9â€
  • Chamber diameter: 8â€
  • Outlet size: 1†Quick-Precise adjustment valve
  • Pump (included): Modified Sicce 3.0
  • Water Flow Rate: 2600 l/Hr
  • Air Intake: 1020 l/Hr
  • Pump power consumption: 27 watts
  • Recommended Water Leve: 8"-10â€
  • Requires approximately 1/2" of clearance to remove collection cup.
  • *Do not over tighten collection cup as damage may result.
HIGHLIGHTS
  • Efficient, durable and reliable
  • Simple to set up and operate
  • Cell-cast acrylic construction
  • SCH80 fittings
  • Quick-Precise adjustment valve allows fast precision tuning of the skimmer water level to control wet/dry foam production
  • ShockMaxx rubber feet isolate noise and reduce vibration.
  • Italian-Made Sicce needle-wheel pump produces optimum bubble size for high-efficiency protein skimming.
  • Buffer chamber maximizes contact time allowing skimmate to move smoothly into the collection cup.
showphoto.php
[/URL][/IMG]

showphoto.php
[/URL][/IMG]

OP
OP
Aquaculture

Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 340 back in Georgia, I kept some equipment, and now have a 60 cube (talk about downsizing), so obviously don't have a use for it now. This thing skims like a $1200 skimmer, it's a beast!!!!

OP
OP
Aquaculture

Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dustinjh1 pm sent. Anyone wanting to buy this skimmer and needs it shipped, just pm me your address and I will get you an accurate quote.

OP
OP
Aquaculture

Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump and Price Drop...$350.00 + shipping. Box is 18 x 18 x 14 and weighs 18 lbs. My zip code is 92123. So you can get an accurate shipping quote

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I'll tell ya, I've tried many skimmers and my latest is the HOB-1 AquaMaxx model, and if this is even better being in the sump, buy it people !
I just wish I needed another, but I'll think about it tonight. Maybe for our new 125g that we're setting up ? :xd:

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquaculture- (please send me a pm with some info on you 60g cube that's inside the cabinet) !!!

OP
OP
Aquaculture

Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The HOB-1 AquaMaxx model is a hang on back version of the ConeS CO-1...that is why it rocks!!! The CO-3 is a beast...Whenever I buy a house here in SD, I will start a new big build and the CO-3 will be the skimmer of choice for me as it has proven itself on several occassions. Just need to sell this skimmer to fund another project (and I don't have a "big boy" tank anymore).:sad:

Last edited:

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced the Tunze 9001 that's on my wife's 29g cube (almost new) with this skimmer, and although it sounds too big for it, it rocks !
And, the intake tube of this skimmer fit's perfectly in the first chamber so that all the water get's skimmed then exit's into the second.

I don't get any detritus in the second and third chamber, so most is picked up by the skimmer !

I GET NO,.....MICRO-BUBBLES in the display !

The fist skimmer was the Cadlights Nano-PLS50, second was the Tunze and they sucked in comparison to the AquaMaxx !

Love it so much, I plan on getting another for our 40g Anemone tank in a few months !

I wrote to AquaMaxx explaining all I've just said here, and how I'm a lifer ! :bigsmile:

OP
OP
Aquaculture

Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced the Tunze 9001 that's on my wife's 29g cube (almost new) with this skimmer, and although it sounds too big for it, it rocks !
And, the intake tube of this skimmer fit's perfectly in the first chamber so that all the water get's skimmed then exit's into the second.

I don't get any detritus in the second and third chamber, so most is picked up by the skimmer !

I GET NO,.....MICRO-BUBBLES in the display !

The fist skimmer was the Cadlights Nano-PLS50, second was the Tunze and they sucked in comparison to the AquaMaxx !

Love it so much, I plan on getting another for our 40g Anemone tank in a few months !

I wrote to AquaMaxx explaining all I've just said here, and how I'm a lifer ! :bigsmile:

Yeah, I'm a lifer on Aquamaxx as well...lol. I had a first generation model of one of their first skimmers and love the quality and performance, especially for the money. These skimmers typically outperform skimmers 3-4 times the cost of an Aquamaxx. ( I've run several top end skimmers...ATB, Bubble King Mini 180, MRC etc...and for the money, none of these compare). I'm sure there will be some people with very biased opinions on here or elsewhere that disagree, but this is my sale thread and therefore my opinion.

In the future, I will be purchasing a larger model Aquamaxx for a big DIY tank for myself. I love my corals, and LOVE seeing all of my favorite fish swimming naturally in a large tank. I will have to save for awhile and buy components for the system as I save the money for each item. I will definitely post a build thread when I start the build.

Again, anyone interested in this skimmer can get a quote by using the following dimensions and weight: 18" x 18" x 14" and weighs 18 lbs.

Last edited:

nicodim55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm a lifer on Aquamaxx as well...lol. I had a first generation model of one of their first skimmers and love the quality and performance, especially for the money. These skimmers typically outperform skimmers 3-4 times the cost of an Aquamaxx. ( I've run several top end skimmers...ATB, Bubble King Mini 180, MRC etc...and for the money, none of these compare). I'm sure there will be some people with very biased opinions on here or elsewhere that disagree, but this is my sale thread and therefore my opinion.

In the future, I will be purchasing a larger model Aquamaxx for a big DIY tank for myself. I love my corals, and LOVE seeing all of my favorite fish swimming naturally in a large tank. I will have to save for awhile and buy components for the system as I save the money for each item. I will definitely post a build thread when I start the build.

Again, anyone interested in this skimmer can get a quote by using the following dimensions and weight: 18" x 18" x 14" and weighs 18 lbs.

I'm an Aquamaxx lifer too:) glws I almost picked up your model but I landed this beast instead:)

IMG_6342.jpg

IMG_6356.jpg

OP
OP
Aquaculture

Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm an Aquamaxx lifer too:) glws I almost picked up your model but I landed this beast instead:)

IMG_6342.jpg
IMG_6356.jpg

Awesome score....that skimmer IS a BEAST!!! Is that the Cone 6 model? I am going to get a quote on them building a custom skimmer size for me for the system I am going to build.

nicodim55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome score....that skimmer IS a BEAST!!! Is that the Cone 6 model? I am going to get a quote on them building a custom skimmer size for me for the system I am going to build.

Thanks:) it's the AM350, the body is 10" and the collection cup is bigger than my head lol:)
  • Footprint: 16 x 18 Inches
  • Pump(included): Modified 2 x SEDRA-7000
  • Chamber Diameter: 10 Inches
  • Height: 23 Inches

OP
OP
Aquaculture

Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks:) it's the AM350, the body is 10" and the collection cup is bigger than my head lol:)
  • Footprint: 16 x 18 Inches
  • Pump(included): Modified 2 x SEDRA-7000
  • Chamber Diameter: 10 Inches
  • Height: 23 Inches

Nice...yeah I needed a skimmer to handle my 340 gallon, so I bought the ConeS CO-3 and couldn't have been happier, and the pump ( Sicce 3.0 ) is dead silent and the needle wheel chops the air and water so well it looks like a white out snowstorm inside the skimmer from top to bottom.

When this skimmer sells, someone will have a top notch skimmer!!!

nicodim55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice...yeah I needed a skimmer to handle my 340 gallon, so I bought the ConeS CO-3 and couldn't have been happier, and the pump ( Sicce 3.0 ) is dead silent and the needle wheel chops the air and water so well it looks like a white out snowstorm inside the skimmer from top to bottom.

When this skimmer sells, someone will have a top notch skimmer!!!

Yes for sure glws:)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back