• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Selling 3 sided starphire tank 2 hrs north of Chicago 30x30x18 600$ obo

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was told to see if anyone could use a tank I have my new one and it wasn't worth it for them to ship it back so I now have two tank thing is I only need 1. So this tank cost 1200 new I figure 600 is a good place to start its 30x30x18 3 sides starphire black glass back panel 2 returns both 1 inch and 3 holes drilled for overflow has an internal acrylic overflow. Runs silent and can handle a ton of flow through the tank.

Here's the kicker this tank has a seam that has an ugly bubble line on one side. It does hold water and doesn't leak it had water in it for a month before I drained it and moved it to get the new one ready. I asked the manufacturer and he said he was 100% sure it wouldn't leak but aesthetically it isn't very pleasing. To some it may not bother them for me I wasn't having it. The new one is perfect so someone going to get a very nice tank for a deal. I also have an extra set of schedule 80 bulkheads I can include because for some reason brs sent me the same order twice. This tank is brand new only held water for a month before I drained it and waited for the new tank to fill it.

I will include pictures of the tank and the bubble in the seam this is pick up only I live very close to Milwaukee and Madison Wisconsin.

C1F25C5A-B56E-4E28-857F-5E67DA63A65F_zpsq8xcrj4s.jpg

ECC963B8-E07A-4F12-A75C-A4A8DE08EDD1_zps4ryox3u7.jpg

F4865DE6-A0B6-47FF-9831-177F86697807_zpsfwov980r.jpg

This is a picture of the bubble in the seam it's about 10 inches long very thin less than a 1/16 of a inch
1FC2879C-4E39-4142-8264-DA6DCEC8CDFC_zpsyme45qca.jpg

Pm me for more info or any questions thanks

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't really have room I wanted to keep it but that line really bothers me big time

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea but those guys are cheap lol most of them all have tanks was gunna post in Chicago forum but it says I don't have snuff posts so I'm gunna have a friend post it

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know but hoping someone that's within a few states will see it I'm only a few hours away from 3 major cities

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Crap, I was at CMAS swap in Villa Park today and could have stopped and figured something out with you :-(

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy was down there too. This tank truly is very nice well built I just wasn't happy with the seam. The company I worked with was very professional and said they wanted me happy . The bubble is an aesthetic thing and I just didn't like that. I was hoping a local would be interested very close by but they all have tanks and don't really want another one

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump had few people intrested but nothing solid make an offer if your intrested.

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't happy with it so they made me another the new one is flawless I offered to send it back they said no and I don't have room for two

eddiecorrea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't happy with it so they made me another the new one is flawless I offered to send it back they said no and I don't have room for two

Sounds like a great company. Who was it? I'm in the market for a new tank and would love to experience customer service like that.

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send me a pm I don't want to put them on blast like that having everyone think they just give away tanks

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My situation was unique because the tank is small and the cost of shipping was expensive but they are one of the best period

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The overflow is an internal acrylic box I need to get a picture of that I guess it's hard to see in the other pic. Also if you compare this tank to any other three sides starphire tank it's actually pretty **** cheap. Just a predrilled reef ready tank that's a 70 and not a starphire tank is about 400$ new now add in three side starphire with a beans animal it's worth that easy but I did put Obo because I'm willing to except reasonable offers. It's a smaller tank yes I have a small place where I could setup a tank so this was perfect for me for others it may be better to use this as a grow out or another type of tank. The company that built this is basically one of the best in the business too but to each there own. You probably wouldn't buy a reef savvy either you pay for quality custom tanks. This is a steep discount from ordering one at this price

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back