• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Copepods FS - $15

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I culture copepods for my system and prefer feeding them over flake or frozen. Every few months my staggered cultures sync and produce more than I need and I need to clear them out!

I have 8 oz bottles LOADED with hundreds of adult copepods for $15 per bottle. Shipping is USPS Priority (usually 1-2 day delivery) and is $6 - $12 (actual shipping cost) depending on your location. Please pm me how many bottles you would like, your address/ZIP and I will calculate shipping cost and give you my paypal address. Copepods will live in the bottles for 5-7 days. No need for breathable bags or expensive, overnight shipping.

I'd love to ship these out on Monday for Wednesday delivery before it gets too hot to ship.

Limited supply available.

copepodsMacro1.jpg

OP
OP
hollback

hollback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I would guess 300-600 adults? For every adult I would say there are 3-10 juveniles. If you look at the zoomed in photo above you can see the larger red adults. The specs are the juveniles but there are a lot more you would need magnification to see. So thousands total? I hope that helps.

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much to send to 85730?

OP
OP
hollback

hollback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sorry guys. Unfortunately I don't have any right now. I will post up in several weeks when I have more.

airin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll take 2 more bottles when you have them ready. :) pm and I will send paypal. Thx.

foxhuntr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 2 of these bottles of pods at the LEAR swap. They are definitely worth every penny. The bottle was full of swimming pods. Great seller!

OP
OP
hollback

hollback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Give me a bit everyone, and I will post up when I have more.

I bought 2 of these bottles of pods at the LEAR swap. They are definitely worth every penny. The bottle was full of swimming pods. Great seller!

Thanks for the generous plug! I'm glad you were happy.

MatteZ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am interested as well. I just hope I see the post when you say they are ready

OP
OP
hollback

hollback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Looks like I will have three or four extra bottles. I just changed out my cultures so this will be it for a bit. I can ship out tomorrow. PM my your ZIP and I will calculate shipping.

Thanks!

Swine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a write up anywhere of how you do your cultures? If not you should :)

anizato

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I had read this earlier in the morning, as I just placed an order for pods and would have rather helped a hobbyist.

Anyway, I want to breed and culture pods, any tips or advice? I have a 1 gal glass jar, but am willing to go a little bigger (up to 2.5gal). What do you recommend?

Thank you.

OP
OP
hollback

hollback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sorry guys, waiting on some payments before all are accounted for. I don't want to make any promises to more people until I know what is spoken for. I will update soon.

Do you have a write up anywhere of how you do your cultures? If not you should :)

I wish I had read this earlier in the morning, as I just placed an order for pods and would have rather helped a hobbyist.

Anyway, I want to breed and culture pods, any tips or advice? I have a 1 gal glass jar, but am willing to go a little bigger (up to 2.5gal). What do you recommend?

Thank you.

No problem at all! I'm all about spreading the love. No secrets here. I have had my cultures set up like Frank's article since 2004.

The Breeder's Net: A Simple How-to On Home Culture Of Copepods ? Advanced Aquarist | Aquarist Magazine and Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back