• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

ORA - Picasso clownfish (Proven Breeders)

cougercruiser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I recently purchased these fish about two month ago from Alpha Aquatics with the intent of breeding clownfish. I realize I don't have the time to put into breeding fish and maintaining a reef tank. These fish are beautiful and I'm sure any breeder would not want to pass up the offer.

I purchased these fish for 1,300 including tax. I am willing to part with them for 1,000 shipped.

ORA Picasso1.jpg

ORA-Picasso-PrivateBreeder-Picasso-Pair-EggLaying-1

If anyone knows of a breeder that they could pass along this thread to, I would greatly appreciate it.

OP
OP
cougercruiser

cougercruiser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have pics or video of the fish with eggs?
I do not. I don't have them in the right environment right now. They currently reside in my 50g reef tank. When I received them, the female was extremely plump but since I don't feed them 5x a day, she has reduced in belly size. I contribute this to a lack of feeding. Speaking to Kris (Owner of Alpha aquaculture) he explained they must be feed at least 5x a day to induce spawning. I don't doubt these fish can spawn. But, I don't want my phosphates to spike any higher than what they are and lose anymore corals! :doh:

I don't have the patience to feed fish as often either. I just want my reef tank back to normal.

CustomReefCreations

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe the guys at alpha would lie about them being proven. However, proven pairs are fare more valuable when being photographed or actual video of the pair with eggs. Truthfully they would be worth more than 1300. Way more, and alpha probably knows that, as they buy and sell clowns all day. That is their niche. I am still interested, as I believe that probably the previous owners before alpha had these guys spawning, or alpha wouldn't claim that they were proven. Just going to be hard to fetch that dollar amount without the pics or video of previous eggs. If you are still open to trades, I would be willing to work something out more than fair, as I have TONS of livestock of all kinds. Including plenty of chalice
Shoot me a pm if interested.
Thanks

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 84 35.0%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.9%
  • Other

Votes: 65 27.1%
Back