• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

1/3 of my reef FS

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, figured I would post this up here to increase interest. You can find my build thread linked in my signature.
I am located in Arlington, VA, about 15 minutes away from Washington, DC. Due to the massive size (and delicate nature) of this piece, I would like to keep it as local as possible. I have however talked to a buddy about shipping, and agreed it's possible, if anybody wants me to look into it. obviously, it would be on your dime if so.

Up for sale is a whole corner of my reef tank. Everything is showpiece grade, and my reef is pest free, buy with confidence. The Red Montipora measures 14"x14" and from the base of the rock it is attached to with the Green Star Polyps, to the top of the Lime Green Montipora, it's probably about 20".

Living in the Red Montipora is an XL Long Tentacle Anemone, with a brilliant green and purple coloring. My two clowns are hosting it. It is amazing to watch in the flow, a show stopping anemone for sure.

In the top of the rock sits a two headed Golden Torch. This is splitting into four heads, but is not there yet. This Golden Torch is sometimes hosted by my clown fish as well (depending on their mood) and it has actually spawned in my tank. I ended up with two of them actually surviving. The fact that it spawned is a pretty good indication that it is one happy and healthy showpiece, and I've had it since it was only one head!

Surrounding the Golden Torch are two more montiporas, a Flower Petal, and a Lime Green. Wedged in-between the the two is a clam shell, coated with 2 varieties of zoanthids. One a purple center with a bright orange skirt, and the other ones are a speckled pally of some type.

The Green Star Polyp rock on the bottom adds an assortment of motion to any tank, in tandem with the gigantic long tentacle anemone.

I am asking $500.00 OBO for all of the above.

The rock included comes with an assortment of neon green sponges that are filter feeding underneath, and is packed with brittle stars to keep your reef clean. There are undoubtedly pods galore, and this would be a great piece from an established reef to boost any saltwater system into the next level!

I am selling because I am taking my reef in a new/more open space, direction. I will entertain reasonable offers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406046432.822817.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406046442.005519.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406046452.272234.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406046461.257135.jpg

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that's an absolutely fantastic price for what someone is getting!!!
I honestly can't believe it didn't sell in less than 5 minutes considering that individually someone would probably pay well over a grand these days for those pieces separately

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that's an absolutely fantastic price for what someone is getting!!!
I honestly can't believe it didn't sell in less than 5 minutes considering that individually someone would probably pay well over a grand these days for those pieces separately

Thanks for the kind words! I should have broken it up earlier, as there seems to be lots of interest in separate items. The red monti has sold, so I will be breaking up everything else and piecemealing it all bit by bit.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back