• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Please Stop Sending Payments as Gifts...

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there is a sticky stating this but I have unfortunately seen a few threads recently where people send their paypal payment as a gift and then get screwed over. Its pretty easy, unless you personally know the person DO NOT send the money as a gift!!!! I hate seeing people in our community getting ripped off, so please stop doing this. The 3% may seem like a lot depending on how much you are paying but it sure beats getting your money stolen.

macscale

Ok.. Ok.. I'm Obssesed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree completely! The World Wide Web is a very dangerous place and R2R can't control all these things!
Be careful!

bigcapct

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amen !! Or asking to pay the PayPal fees! Sellers responsibility for the fees ! IMO

haleyf1024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is actually written in the Paypal terms and conditions that sellers are never allowed to make buyers pay the 3% fee, it is their responsibility. I refuse to pay it, and move on if they don't see the error of thier ways :)

kuansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There needs to be a rule in this community that never asking the buyer to send money as gift and do not ask the buyer to pay fees. I find it very very irritating when the seller asks the buyer to pay fees and all they could do is including the fee in the offer.

mainereefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought people added in the 3% thats why they charge so much for coral ;)

ksr1026

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if R2R could create a disclaimer that all sellers must place in their sell thread. The disclaimer could state the seller pays the PayPal fee (or including in sales price).

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they are leaving it here because of what happened recently with the fraudulent sale of a bounce mushroom. Helpful reminder. I know I might not see it otherwise.
That is the reason I posted it here

halperin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sending for "goods and services" does not help. paypal doesnt cover coral in their policy. your claim will get rejected

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sending for "goods and services" does not help. paypal doesnt cover coral in their policy. your claim will get rejected

They just recently changed this policy. They will now cover live goods sales on a case by case basis.

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also if someone just straight up does not send you anything you can without a doubt file a claim

Thunderfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned this lesson the hard way too. From a guy that is pretty active in these boards and sells stuff from time to time. Thought because they where active I could trust him even talked to him on the phone but, I should keep my guard up.

SeeingGreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it is unreasonable to ask a buyer to pay the fee. You can always negotiate it down. It makes it easy if you are local to the seller.

In the same way that the store tells you a price but still charges sales tax.

AQUAMAN22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW I just read the whole bounce mushroom deal.. what a mess.. there is allot of honest people out there but there's just as many, if not more dishonest people out there.. always cover your own butt especially when forkin out allot of dough!! always someone out there looking for a come up.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 44.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back