• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Woodard Family Benefit Auction!!

11f150

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is with deep sadness to let the reefing community know that a member recently lost his life unexpectedly. For those that haven't heard about it, I will cover who it was and who he was as a person.

Keith Woodard passed away April 8th, 2015. He was in this hobby for over 20 years and was one of the first people in our local community to help if you needed it. Even more tragic he left behind a young family and a young wife. Keith would always bring his wife and family to local reef club meetings and activities. It was very apparent that his family meant a lot to him and he loved them very much.

When I first was getting into the hobby and bought my first real reef tank I needed help moving it into my house. I posted a message on our local forum here on R2R, Middle Tennessee Reef Club, and Keith responded and came over to help. He even brought his wife, who also helped move it, and kids over to my house. I would say with confidence the the entire MTRC community has a story like this about him and his family.

Keith's Reef2Reef's forum name was P Woodard.

60684_455319051186758_1042349204_n_zpsnu2va33u.jpg

So I wanted to organize something to give back to his family since they gave so much to the hobby. I have been working with online vendors and also local reef businesses to setup a auction.

Everything raised will be given to the family!

So here is how this will work.
People can bid on this awesome package until an ending time. At that time, we will have a winner. The online vendors and the local business will ship the items directly to the winner of the auction.

Lets go over what is up for grabs and first thank these businesses for their help to make this possible!!

-Battlecorals is donating a SPS frag pack!
Battlecorals

-Murfreesboro Aquatics is donating a Scoly!
Your Premier Online Aquatics Store ? Murfreesboro Aquatics

-Synergy Reef is donating a SMR-1000 Atomic Series Media Reactor!
http://synergyreef.com/

Here are WYSIWYG pictures and a list of the SPS/Scoly.

40D8B6FC-0DBF-4F1E-93CF-CAE368FEDADA_zpsf8uqhm55.jpg

Battlecorals Pack:

1. Clown Car
2. BC Bonsai
3. RMF Rasp. Lemonade
4. Tyree Blue Matrix
5. Bennett Yellow Tort
6. Ref Tek Starburst Cap
7. BC Schizopolis Sunset
8. ATL Appleberry Monti
9. PC Rainbow
10. Blueberry Fields
11. Miyagu Tort
12. Pink Lemonade
13. Long Captive Shortcake
14. Pink Tip Sarmentosa

Murfreesboro Aquatics Scoly:

8FB81892-4647-43D0-97D2-E81042CB20F0_zps7czug6ki.jpg

Synergy Reef Reactor:

synergy_reef_smr1000_media_reactor_1-600x600_zps5amixe3q.jpg

Heres the details:

Corals: Frag pack from Battlecorals, Scoly from Murfreesboro Aquatics, and a Media Reactor from Synergy!
Bid Increments -$5
Starting Bid -$5
End Time/Day – 04/27/2015 @ 20:59 (Last bid posted before 21:00 is the winner)
Shipping Rate - FREE
Method of Payment- Paypal with 24 hours. I will PM winner with payment email address.

This auction is for the U.S. 48 states only!!

This is a great package but lets not forget the real meaning behind this to help this family out. Thank you!

If you would like to donate and not bid on this package, here is the gofundme page.

http://www.gofundme.com/r35yvc

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is such a terrible and tragic loss to the reefing community. Keith p woodard was a great member of our forums for quite some time. He will be greatly missed.

lafayettereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$600

Keith has helped me with so much and answered endless questions when I was getting started. God bless his family.

Last edited:

PaulKreider

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love to see the help and how this community can rally together especially vendors to help people, great stuff guys! Really gives me faith that our society is truly good at heart.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no desire to bid on any of these things but still really want to help, is there a donation page that I can use?

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, if we as a community could all just donate $5-$10 it would really be an amazing thing for this family.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice thing for you guys to do. Sorry for your loss and prayers for the family. Bidding is unfortunately out of my range now but if you get the other donation page up I would like to give what I can.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to thank Matt Carson first off for putting this together and the vendors- Adam from Battle Corals along with Josh at Murfreesboro Aquatics and Rick and Vanessa at Synergy Reef for their generosity in an effort to help Cindy and the kids. We have pulled together locally on a couple of auctions to help along with some more efforts in the works from Middle Tennessee Reef Club and our upcoming swap. We should have the link to the go fund me up soon so anyone can help.

But in the meantime...Bid on this awesome frag pack and reactor!

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kinda wish these three items were separated. I dont need the reactor and would rather devote my $$ to the Scoly.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back