Looks very interesting and cheaper powerhead

uf_gators

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone been following or read the forums on this Jebo-wp40 controllable powerhead ? 85.00 each.... I was about to order 2 mp10's but I am now rethinking that. For 600.00 bux for 2 , I can buy 2 of these and have 400 left for corals or led light. Lol
Looks just like a tunze with controller and now someone has cracked the code on Another forum that can do modes and all but with another controller u may already own. Just saying. Some time in April the wp-25 will be out compaired to the mp10....

OP
OP
uf_gators

uf_gators

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am done with hydor and sicce , either crap out in 6 months for the sicce or 1-5 times after feeding Run backwards hydors. Lol this , looking at the vortech , until this discovery. Alot of response on them. 32 pages on the forum . Videos on u-tube.... Type in WP40 Jebo

redngold

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been following it. Looks very interesting and it looks like reefangel has it working with their controller. I'm waiting on the rumored wp-25 for my 75 gallon.

KSzegi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine 2 days ago, initial impression is it's great for the money! Will see how it holds up but so far very happy .....

OP
OP
uf_gators

uf_gators

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine 2 days ago, initial impression is it's great for the money! Will see how it holds up but so far very happy .....

Keep us informed on how it's going... I have decided to wait for the WP-25 as well. I will get 2 of these ... So called rumor of 50.00 each, at 100.00 plus 27.00 for shipping is still cheaper than 284.00 x 2..... Lol

OP
OP
uf_gators

uf_gators

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem Rob.... I hadn't seen any post here in the club area , so I thought I'd would share my find on the forums .

k2parkstar

Z&P Snob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just remember you get what you pay for. Nothing cheap is quality, and nothing quality ever lasts.

Last edited:

iTzJu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks very interesting, will follow along.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

OP
OP
uf_gators

uf_gators

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just remember you get what you pay for. Nothing cheap is quality, and nothing quality ever lasts.

That's true, but a lot of folks aren't rolling with fat pockets of $$$. So if a company comes out with a new pump knowing more than well they took the best pumps on the market and came out with a cheaper version. How can you go wrong even if you just put it up against sicce, hydor... It still a better buy! Cause for one, its not just a blowing steady stream powerhead . U get a control of random flow in the tank. At the same price point , not to mention 1/8 of the cost of a vortech MP40. And they are about to release the WP-10 that's = to the GPH of the vortech MP10 for the price point of 50-60 bux. Well I am jumping aboard to try it out, and the folks on RC with 40+ pages about these pumps seem very happy with them.... It's just gonna suck (EDIT) for those of you who wanna get one and then try to sell that MP40 you got for almost the same darn price u paid top doller for. I for see the vortech fans loosing in the end.... Just my .02 worth. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Vortechs have their problems and you see a lot for sale on the forums. Tunze will be tough to de-throne due to their excellent customer service, product quality, warranty and reputation but it will be interesting to see how the Chinese do in this market.

Dave

tst400

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Vortechs have their problems and you see a lot for sale on the forums. Tunze will be tough to de-throne due to their excellent customer service, product quality, warranty and reputation but it will be interesting to see how the Chinese do in this market.

Dave

I have 2 of the wp 40s and they are great so far... I have personally wondered if the mp40s are so great why are they always for sale?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

k2parkstar

Z&P Snob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got both a tunze and an mp10. I think the spread of flow on the vortechs is better, but I like the the ability direct the tunze. I think both are very good. I honestly don't think people sell the vortechs because of problems, because most honest sellers would divulge the problem, which we haven't seen. These new pumps look like a reverse engineered Chinese copy to me. Looking to see how they are doing in 3-6 months.

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine should be here sometime this week.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

gwhook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone plan on ordering one of these? I wouold be interested in one as well.

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this thing is a copy of anything it is a copy of a tunze not a vortech. The mp40 is wireless and the motor is outside the tank, this jebo is mounted inside the tank and does not discuss wireless networking. I doubt it is comparable to an mp40 but it still seems like a decent buy for the price, assuming it lasts longer than a hydor which seems to have a similar build. I have used tunze, hydor, and vortech powerheads and the quality and flow pattern of a vortech is unmatched...tunze are nice but completely different more like a lazer beam (granted I have never tried the new wide flow model). The non aim ability of the mp40 is a nonfactor as it creates flow all over the tank, you have to see it to understand. I think I will buy one or two of these as backups and maybe do a side by side comparison of it with the other powerheads I have. Like I said before, this seems to be a good buy for the price point. The product description is a little hard to read though. I don't think people selling vortechs because there is something wrong with them, rather they just don't need them...otherwise there would be what ever is wrong with them listed in the sale (at least for a responsible seller and I can't imagine every perso selling them is dishonest). I rather believe you see more vortechs for sale, then say hydors, is simply because the vortechs last longer than the others making more available for sale when the aquarists breaks down or has no need for it.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

tst400

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one making a 3 to 4 inch wave on my 180

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.0%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 17.2%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 31 16.7%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 94 50.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back