Green Starburst Polyp (GSP)

Thivo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some corals and GSP attached into LF for about a size of regular serving saucer, placed inside my tank and sitting for 3 days now but I observed that only few polyps are coming out and most polyps are hiding... Other corals (Candy Cane Coral, Blue Mushrooms, Toadstoll Leather, Brain Coral, Big Poly Blastomussa Red & Green, Kenya Tree and a colony of Zoas) they are all in good condition and doing well... Only the GSP seems like stress or does it really takes time for the other polyps to come out...

GSP was placed on top probably 7 inchses under the top tank cover with OBIT Marine LED with a moderate water flow... I also noticed that there is a different coloration, as you can see on below photo the upper or rear part was little bit darker than in front or lower part...

20141121_020514.jpg

20141121_134146.jpg

Water parameters checked and results are all okay...

Is it normal to GSP that their polyps wont come out for serveral days? Because the zoas just came out after a minute or less when I placed them inside my tank and the mushrooms are also blooming out same with the lather coral and kenya tree... Can anyone give me advice and more detail information about GSP... I am affraid that it will die soon or unhappy on his location... But I know still there is hope coz at least there are more than 20 polyps are coming out... :lol:

Last edited:

surfnsalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine took a few days to come back out. Now they go in every nite and are back out in the morning. I placed mine on the sand to control it. Be careful it will spread very fast..

Attachments

• 1416746528901.jpg
    1416746528901.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 240

Reef Junky150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine don't like extremely high flow but some flow. Try starting lower in tank, lighting brighter than in lfs?

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine took at least two days, and were completely brown! Then in five months of patience they became metallic green.

Tank.Bro!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See I posted this same question a while back in a diffrent forum just wait. About 3 to 4 days later it opened it takes longer for it to acclimate to the water than other corals an I would move it to low light like in a shadow or down at the sand. It took mine overall 5 days after I bought it to open and in the store it was open fine. Yes it take patience and you will want to throw this at the wall but if you acclimate more cautiously it will grow very well.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back