White pipe organ frag not opening

seanocode

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a week since I placed him in DT. Started low and moved him up slowly towards the top increasing flow along the way. Drip acclimated for 5 hrs. Any suggestions would be great.

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though a Pipe Organ coral is listed as moderate to care for, it does require special care. Like medium/high light, medium current. But they don't like to be moved, can't tolerate high current. Some corals you just lose from moving them. This coral in particular wants to stay in one place and it will adapt. Hopefully, it will come around and start to come out. If it is in high current it won't and will gradually die off. These corals also need to be fed. Let's see what Live Aquaria has to say about their care?

Saltwater Aquarium Corals for Marine Reef Aquariums: Pipe Organ Coral

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, that amazes me, pretty close to what I said. Except the part about they don't like to be moved. Put it out of direct current, in the light, and wait a few days. Better yet, turn off all your pumps, wait a few minutes, and slowly target feed it - to see if it comes out.

OP
OP
seanocode

seanocode

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I'll try that. I've read not to target feed them, but if nothing else is working, I would hate to say I didn't try.

OP
OP
seanocode

seanocode

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1417288571.472946.jpg

Don't know how well you can see them, but it's got some dull gray looking shoots coming out of the pipes. They a appear to be pretty hard.

3dees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a three inch rock covered in them (not white). it took a couple of days before they came out. top of the tank in medium flow. now they never go in. they stay out even with all lights out. I do not feed It.

Attachments

• DSC_4573_0445_edited-1.jpg
    DSC_4573_0445_edited-1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 218
OP
OP
seanocode

seanocode

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great look to what you got going on. Did the pipes on yours ever seemed plugged? For the lack of better words. These look like it tried to come out, then froze stiff and haven't moved.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back