My favorite so far

ShoniNikki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
288bf4e4b61287afeddb69d6459ebf1b.jpg

I think I do have to say that my favorite thing in my tank, so far, is my beautiful Florida riccordea mushroom!

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking Ricordia florida, they typically prefer and will do better if kept on angled or near vertical surfaces which encourage them to split/multiply. Like the pics below. To speed the process up you can rotate the LR piece they are on away from light source in which they move back towards often leaving pieces of there foot behind which will produce new Corals. I do this with my Ricordia yuma (left edge of 3rd pic) and is very effective.

Ricordia and Leptastrea Rock 1-12-14.jpg
Ricordia florida colony 3-4-14.jpg
DSC_2201.jpg

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
ShoniNikki

ShoniNikki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome advice thank you! I had him angled on my lr until today and since I moved him he has spread out a whole lot more being in the sand?!

SantaMonicaHelp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking Ricordia florida, they typically prefer and will do better if kept on angled or near vertical surfaces which encourage them to split/multiply. Like the pics below. To speed the process up you can rotate the LR piece they are on away from light source in which they move back towards often leaving pieces of there foot behind which will produce new Corals. I do this with my Ricordia yuma (left edge of 3rd pic) and is very effective.

It's great tip TJ!! how often do you rotate them? and how long you been have your yuma? they are amazing!

-Y

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the one large tentacled 5"+ Orange R. yuma pictured for around 6-7 years and have another smaller tentacled Red Yuma for around 5 years maybe. The large mass of blue rimmed orange R. florida rock I traded for with my friend Duane a year or so ago and have had several new ones grow from it. The green ones were just one at the beginning of Summer. When I had the room I could rotate the small piece of LR with Yuma on it every 3-4 weeks and would leave 1-2 babies each time. The baby next to it now is already 3"+. And just picked up another Gold Yuma from Duane that will go into the mix here shortly.

Cheers, Todd

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back