Green toadstool coral

AmatuerAuer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put my first coral in my 29gallon tank. It's a green toadstool photo attached.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1425669991.116938.jpg

What sort of feeding is required? All my reading indicates the zooxanthellae will provide most everything needed.

I have it about 8-10" below my marine LED with moderate flow from a PWH and it seems to be doing well.

Really any advice or experience with this coral would be of interest to me!

pH is 8.1
0 nitrite/ammonia
Trace amounts of nitrate if any
Low phosphate and high calcium level
Temp is 78

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my fav's! Overall pretty easy to care for. I like to keep them is fairly high flow to ensure they can shed mucus. No direct feeding necessary, they'll photosynthesize and catch detritus when possible.

OP
OP
AmatuerAuer

AmatuerAuer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was adjusting the power head and when it was close to direct the coral retracted. Assuming flow was too violent.

It also retracted on its own for a little while before coming out again. Heard that's normal

Reef.ductionist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had one for about a year now. They are often found growing near the waters surface and with medoum indirect flow in their natural habitats I read. I feed mine along with the rest of my coral two or three times a week and it has been growing well. Placed mine in the upper half of my tank and with inderect flow.
When I bought mine it was getting smaller and shrinking but after some lights out detective work I found a centemetre long white snail feeding off of it, sucking the juices out of its stalk, after I caught two of these snails and removed them from my tank it quickly rebounded and steadily grew from there.

OP
OP
AmatuerAuer

AmatuerAuer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After having it for about 3 weeks I have become familiar with its cycle.

I am days away from starting my 120g tank. The stand had to be rebuilt (pain in the a**).

I'm going to keep the leather and Xenia in my 29 until my 120 has cycled.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.1%
Back