Got from WWC..

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1397790664.681108.jpg

Before I hear about how it looks photoshopped, it definitely is so please no negativity about the picture and how obvious it is. The colors are almost exactly what it looks like in person, but glows a lot more in the tank.

Can anyone ID what coral of theirs this is?

MikeyB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rainbow prostrata has green polyps, i got one on their last live sale. That looks to have red polyps

OP
OP
Acro

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1397792121.854645.jpg

Went through all of the old pics on their frag threads. This is the coral I bought, looks way more metallic under my LEDs though and could have browned out a bit in the transfer.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice!!!

OP
OP
Acro

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1402886670.605326.jpg

Here's a quick update. I fragged off a nice piece as I'm not getting the pink/red tip it had when I first got it. I've moved one high in the tank to see what happened, but still nothing!

Does anyone have this coral, as it's pretty much just ... Green. Not very rainbow lol

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You said you found a pic of it from their site, what was it called when you got the picture? If they didn't have a name for it then it probably wasn't a named piece. They will sell nice frags even if they have no name or lineage.

OP
OP
Acro

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You said you found a pic of it from their site, what was it called when you got the picture? If they didn't have a name for it then it probably wasn't a named piece. They will sell nice frags even if they have no name or lineage.

It is the rainbow prostrata. I even wrote down the name on the back of my recipe, but why would I remember that I did that! Haha

The picture they took that I posted above is the wysiwyg one they had on the website, just bought it in store instead.

reefaboo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is the rainbow prostrata. I even wrote down the name on the back of my recipe, but why would I remember that I did that! Haha

The picture they took that I posted above is the wysiwyg one they had on the website, just bought it in store instead.

I have the ultimates rainbow prostrata and it looks exactly the same. When my nitrates were down to 0.25 ppm then the red came out but stayed only a short while before it turned radiant green again .. Also the red is more of a rusty red than the actual bright red

OP
OP
Acro

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the ultimates rainbow prostrata and it looks exactly the same. When my nitrates were down to 0.25 ppm then the red came out but stayed only a short while before it turned radiant green again .. Also the red is more of a rusty red than the actual bright red

It'll be great to see yours, can you post a picture!

OP
OP
Acro

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanna do a quick bump. Mines been growing like crazy and looks great. Only problem is I lost the red tip! Anyone out there know why it won't come back! Driving me nuts lol

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parameter fluctuation like change in water flow, light intensity, imbalance of trace elements, heat, any amount of stress really.

OP
OP
Acro

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parameter fluctuation like change in water flow, light intensity, imbalance of trace elements, heat, any amount of stress really.

Only one that could be a problem there is trace elements since I don't dose them. Never really thought they were important enough, maybe I should start?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back