• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

FT: 2 MP10 ES for 1 MP40 WES

reefer999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Ecotech Vortech MP10 ES pumps for trade for an MP40 WES. The exact manufacture date is unknown, but they're from 2012. This is because after removing velcro, double-sided tape due to moving; the sticker on the back is no more unfortunately. I contacted Ecotech and asked if there was any other way to find out, this is what they told me:

"Thank you for contacting EcoTech Marine and I'm sorry to hear about the situation. The other other way you would be able to tell the serial number from that MP10 would be to program the pump using a ReefLink and EcoSmart Live. That said, ESL is only compatible with MP10wES or wireless VorTechs and you will be unable to determine manufacturing date. If you have any other questions, please let me know."

With that said if you're going to upgrade them to wireless then you could find out the exact manufacture date if you really wanted to. If you're interested, please PM me. Thanks! :)

OP
OP
reefer999

reefer999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the pumps, they're currently being run in my tank, but not the flow I want so that is why I'm going to switch to a MP40 WES. They're in good condition and work perfectly, cleaned them regularly every 3 months with a vinegar bath. PM me if you're interested, thanks!

IMG_2696.jpg
IMG_2697.jpg
IMG_2700.jpg
IMG_2701.jpg

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually wanting to do this very thing, I have a 90g with 1 MP40wES, but I think I'd be good with 2 MP10wES, but I need that wireless!

OP
OP
reefer999

reefer999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually wanting to do this very thing, I have a 90g with 1 MP40wES, but I think I'd be good with 2 MP10wES, but I need that wireless!

The ones I have are not wireless, good luck on your search. :)

carloriv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the diferrence between the wirelees and the wire one?

OP
OP
reefer999

reefer999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the diferrence between the wirelees and the wire one?

The only difference is that the wireless can communicate with other Vortech pumps and Ecotech equipment wirelessly. The non-wireless can't do this, but you can buy the part for it if you want this function. There is no actual difference to the peformance of the pumps, they both have wires/cords coming out of the dry side to the controller and the controller has a plug for the power supply to then connect to an outlet, so don't let the "wireless" word in there throw you off. :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back