Welcome to our newest sponsor Triton US!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to our newest sponsor Triton US!

Thank you for your support of our community here at REEF2REEF! We are a community of dedicated saltwater reef aquarium hobbyists and we're happy that you have chosen to join us here.

Members please visit their website by clicking the following banner and as always please shop REEF2REEF sponsors first!

Dmmz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Will have to go checkout your website

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! Joe and I are really excited...It's a very interesting testing product/method, that, once you clear away all of the rumors, misinformation, and confusion that is inevitable when you bring something new to a new market, could really help you run a great tank! We are as committed to making Triton work as we are to Unique Corals, and we want you to expect a level of accountability, friendliness, transparency, and above all- service- that you've associated with Joe and I. Triton is it's own company, but we will inject our personal values into the way we will run things.

We look forward to sharing and growing this for the advancement of the reef hobby!

Regards,

Scott

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, Cole- you would be a perfect candidate to have your water tested...I know you'd get a kick out of finding out exactly what's going on in your reef, crazy reefer that you are!

-Scott

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Im In for sure. kind of like i was saying in the earlier thread. I am very interested to see what minute differences i may have among my own systems in relation to how thing are doing. IE why does this tank look odd and this one doing amazing when just about all the universal variables are identical. This is something i have been pondering a long time now.

when will you be able to start taking samples?

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'll beta test as well if you need some guinea pigs. I'm not sold on the methodology over what I'm doing now (daily water changes and dosing), but I do like the idea of knowing the testing results.

whixley101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, Cole- you would be a perfect candidate to have your water tested...I know you'd get a kick out of finding out exactly what's going on in your reef, crazy reefer that you are!

-Scott

Please keep me in mind for a call when you are ready to lend an ear on this topic. I have some very pointed questions. Also your Boy Jake Adams stated that he had taken many samples in areas I believe some of the maricultured are coming in from . I am really excited to see that data and my tanks parameters at such a more detailed level. Jake's video interviews are causing some jealousy on this end.

Cole

Sent from my iPad using REEF2REEF

Eric B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Scott & Joe! I will be following along to see how this progresses and not just jump on the bandwagon though, but it would be nice to get a sample tested to see what's really going on in the tank water.

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r. Can't wait to learn more about this method and get my water tested.

Mike

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im In for sure. kind of like i was saying in the earlier thread. I am very interested to see what minute differences i may have among my own systems in relation to how thing are doing. IE why does this tank look odd and this one doing amazing when just about all the universal variables are identical. This is something i have been pondering a long time now.

when will you be able to start taking samples?

Hey Adam, We will be actively offering the test on October 15th for retail customers, but we are pre-releasing some tests for wholesale customers earlier. Let's touch base next week! Yes, you will gain some great insights about the minute differences from tank to tank and it will be quite eye opening! We were surprised at Unique to see some really wide variations in some instances, and almost identical ones in others...I'm pretty excited to see fellow coral propagators test their water; perhaps once a bunch of us get our water tested, we could make some anecdotal conclusions about what works best for the corals we grow! Really cool stuff!

-Scott

Last edited:

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll beta test as well if you need some guinea pigs. I'm not sold on the methodology over what I'm doing now (daily water changes and dosing), but I do like the idea of knowing the testing results.

Hey Ronnie- interesting thoughts! The daily water change thing is definitely something a hardcore water change geek like me would do, but I think for most reefers it's just a bit more labor intensive. The results from the tests are enlightening, and you can work with them to manipulate your water parameters to see if you get improvements in your corals. Science still has work to do to figure out how every trace element influences coral growth and health, but at least we know what NSW levels are for these trace elements, and ICP- OES gives us a better insight into what's really happening in our tanks!

-Scott

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please keep me in mind for a call when you are ready to lend an ear on this topic. I have some very pointed questions. Also your Boy Jake Adams stated that he had taken many samples in areas I believe some of the maricultured are coming in from . I am really excited to see that data and my tanks parameters at such a more detailed level. Jake's video interviews are causing some jealousy on this end.

Cole

Sent from my iPad using REEF2REEF

Will do! I think you'll find the Triton tests very interesting!

-Scott

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Scott & Joe! I will be following along to see how this progresses and not just jump on the bandwagon though, but it would be nice to get a sample tested to see what's really going on in the tank water.

Absolutely, Eric...you should see if the "method" they espouse is interesting to you. Joe and I will be open and will document as we switch our systems over to Triton's method, so that others can learn from our trials and tribulations!

You might want to read up on the "Balling Method" to familiarize yourself with part of the principle behind Triton. Triton goes further by working with trace elements based on real consumption, though...An evolution, if you will..Good stuff!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back