What's the Triton Professional Water Analysis and how does it work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

There's been a tremendous amount of excitement building around the launch of the Triton water analysis!

We thought that this might be a good time to familiarize you with the process a bit more. It's incredibly easy, and more accurate than anything you've seen before!

The backbone is the test kit that you can purchase from Unique Corals starting October 15th, and then at other stores and online vendors nationwide following the launch.

10698646_976158399067437_8904094399992747328_n.jpg

photo.JPG

The test kit contains two plastic testing vials with stickers to record your ID number for the test, an "ID SEC card", and return postage. The testing procedure couldn't be easier:

* Start by visiting Triton Labs' European website and registering your reef. You'll be prompted to provide a username, password, and email address. You'll receive an ID number for your test. Write down the number on the stickers included and affix them to the test vials after you collect your sample. Don't forget to write down your username, password, and ID number for future reference.

* Collect your water sample from your aquarium by rinsing the test vials with the water to be tested, then fill them completely with water and cap tightly.

* Place the plastic "ID SEC Card" and the vials containing your sample in the postage paid envelope and return them to us via USPS.

*Allow 7-10 from the time you send your test to us until results are available.

*You will receive and email directly from Triton advising you that you can log back onto their site to retrieve your test results.

Triton will use a state-of-the-art Inductively Coupled Plasma- Optical Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-OES) machine to analyze samples at the atomic level. Pretty cool stuff!

triton_lab2.jpg

Triton will provide you with an amazingly precise, detailed report on the trace element concentration in your water, along with suggestions to correct shortfalls and excesses. In a future segment, we will show you just what the report looks like, and how to interpret the information. You'll know why the Triton Professional Water Analysis has been utilized by public aquariums, aquatic professionals, and aquarium hobbyists worldwide for 7 years. It's state-of-the-art technology with very practical applications!

Welcome to "Empowered Reefkeeping!"

Regards,

Scott Fellman and Joseph Caparatta
Triton US

kidtango

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am official onboard! The cost is reasonable IMO... It's certainly alot less than I thought! Looking forward the the results and will proces progress as it goes.

OP
OP
Triton US

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much will it be?

The Triton Professional Water Analysis is $49 per test, and is also available in a 6-test package for $264.00 ($44/per test) and 12-test package for $498.00 ($41.50 per test). The price includes return postage.

Thanks!

Scott

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Scott, I'll give It a try on the 6 test package.
In that case I can send in every other month.

OP
OP
Triton US

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Scott, I'll give It a try on the 6 test package.
In that case I can send in every other month.

I think that's a good way to do it. Feel free to call me when you're ready to go and we can get you some tests.

Thanks,

Scott
1707TRITON8

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that's a good way to do it. Feel free to call me when you're ready to go and we can get you some tests.

Thanks,

Scott
1707TRITON8

That's your Triton #?
How many phones you carry on you, LOL?

TruRacr314x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any shift in parameters over the time between removal and testing? Would your test results be comparable to what we find when testing freshly removed sw...or would you need to compare only results from multiple tests by you?

jdl513

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the reporting limits they are getting with this method?
Some of the constituents should be expected to be in the ppt range.

I too would be interested to know what the hold time is on a sample.
Is there enough sample to reanalyze if needed to verify a result?

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you provide link to website to send samples?

kidtango

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really excited this service will now be available.

Have you released the pricing for the 4 part system and individual elements?

I think Scott told me that won't be available until early Nov. For the 1st patch of people that are doing the testing won't need the 4 part solution until we know more about what we're missing or have too much of. This is freakin exciting. I hope it will change our way of reef keeping for all of us. No more wondering around in the dark. No more "I don't have a clue what happened" to my reef. Well, I am sure there will be many other things that we won't know, but this is certainly a leap in reef keeping for sure. We know more now!

Kid

OP
OP
Triton US

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Scott told me that won't be available until early Nov. For the 1st patch of people that are doing the testing won't need the 4 part solution until we know more about what we're missing or have too much of. This is freakin exciting. I hope it will change our way of reef keeping for all of us. No more wondering around in the dark. No more "I don't have a clue what happened" to my reef. Well, I am sure there will be many other things that we won't know, but this is certainly a leap in reef keeping for sure. We know more now!

Kid

Thanks, Kid...That's correct tgbaby- we should have the Elemntz and other products available by the first part of November.

Thanks,

Scott

wangspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just signed up for a test kit. One thing though, the site is all in German. I have no clue how to read German past using an online translator.

OP
OP
Triton US

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the reporting limits they are getting with this method?
Some of the constituents should be expected to be in the ppt range.

I too would be interested to know what the hold time is on a sample.
Is there enough sample to reanalyze if needed to verify a result?

We discussed this at length with Ehsan, and he advised us that there is no significant degradation of the sample given the time between collection and receipt by Triton. All sample kits collect two vials of water for the very reason you suggest!

-Scott

Back