HELP With Dosing Nickel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The triton test said I needed;

Zinc
Vanadium
Manganese
Boron
Molybdenum
Nickel

I bought these liquids from amazon.com except for nickel.

Does anyone know where I can get 18.4ml of nickel, preferably for a nickel LOL?

Gene

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't imagine dosing raw heavy metals into your reef aquarium is a good idea. How would you even know they are the right composition? I would wait for Triton to release their supplements and use the products they recommend.

powdermonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out aqua fuel. I know moly along with other heavy metals are listed. I have no idea why.

I see a special forum in Randys future. .lol

Last edited:

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have more or less the same problem. I also have a shortage of nickel but I decided since this is more or less uncharted territory that it would be safer to use the triton additives for adjusting things like nickel. For me it's not worth risking my system by using an unproven source. At least with the stuff from Triton you know it's been put in lots of other tanks and they should know enough to give the proper dosage the first time around.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe that Triton can tell you that you have less than NSW levels of nickel as they cannot detect the NSW value, especially for surface waters.

So I would not add nickel based just on this assay.

Same for manganese.

OP
OP
gpwdr

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't heard of Triton-USA offering the STATUS QUO one time mix to correct the water nearest natural salt water. They said they are getting in a big shipment of chems from triton eu. Nothing has been said about a package to correct the individual tank right after the test.
Have you heard anything about the STATUS QUO package?

Gene

Ehsan@triton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I would also not dose Nickel as one of the first things mate STOP please... what have you buyed from amazon??? AMAZON.

Where have you buyed what mate can you help me with that BEFORE you ad something to the tank.

All the Best Ehsan

OP
OP
gpwdr

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hallo Kumpel!Ich treffe Sie Macna .Ich hatte mein Wasser getestet User-ID: 1720 .Der Status Quo Mischung nicht erreichbar, ist gesagt worden, wenn es in den USA zu werden.Ich kaufte diese von Amazon ;Trace Minerals Flüssige Ionic Boron, 6 mg , 2 UnzenTrace Minerals Forschung Ionic Zink - 50 mg - 2 FlüssigunzenAngstrom Minerals , Vanadium - 2 UnzenBodyBio Mangan # 6 Liquid MineralIch versuche nur zu addieren , was ist , um Ihre Salzwasserparametererfüllen benötigt.Gen

OP
OP
gpwdr

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I would also not dose Nickel as one of the first things mate STOP please... what have you buyed from amazon??? AMAZON.

Where have you buyed what mate can you help me with that BEFORE you ad something to the tank.

All the Best Ehsan

Hallo Kumpel!Ich treffe Sie Macna .Ich hatte mein Wasser getestet User-ID: 1720 .Der Status Quo Mischung nicht erreichbar, ist gesagt worden, wenn es in den USA zu werden.Ich kaufte diese von Amazon ;Trace Minerals Flüssige Ionic Boron, 6 mg , 2 UnzenTrace Minerals Forschung Ionic Zink - 50 mg - 2 FlüssigunzenAngstrom Minerals , Vanadium - 2 UnzenBodyBio Mangan # 6 Liquid MineralIch versuche nur zu addieren , was ist , um Ihre Salzwasserparametererfüllen benötigt.Gen

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ Google translate:
Hello buddy I meet you Macna .I had my water tested User ID : 1720 .The Status Quo mixture is not available, it has been said , if it be in the United States. I bought this from Amazon ; Trace Minerals Liquid Ionic Boron, 6 mg , 2 oz Trace Minerals Research Ionic Zinc - 50 mg - 2 fl oz Angstrom Minerals Vanadium - 2 oz BodyBio Manganese # 6 Liquid Miner Alich try to add only what is to your parameters meet salt water needs . gene

OP
OP
gpwdr

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't imagine dosing raw heavy metals into your reef aquarium is a good idea. How would you even know they are the right composition? I would wait for Triton to release their supplements and use the products they recommend.

I dosed these elements, one time, Zinc Vanadium Manganese Boron Molybdenum as prescribed by the Triton test on my tank. Red Sea ABCD elements have some of the Nickel needed. I know some of the nickel needed was added but I'm in the dark with nickel.

I rebuilt my entire sump system as prescribed by the Triton system in Europe.

On Amazon bought the Zinc, Vanadium, Manganese, Boron, and Molybdenum. They are from health food stores for human consumption.

My reef tank is looking much better than it did with the calcium reactor.

Gene

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dosed these elements, one time, Zinc Vanadium Manganese Boron Molybdenum as prescribed by the Triton test on my tank. Red Sea ABCD elements have some of the Nickel needed. I know some of the nickel needed was added but I'm in the dark with nickel.

I rebuilt my entire sump system as prescribed by the Triton system in Europe.

On Amazon bought the Zinc, Vanadium, Manganese, Boron, and Molybdenum. They are from health food stores for human consumption.

My reef tank is looking much better than it did with the calcium reactor.

Gene

Could you elaborate on how and how much you dosed? Do you have pictures from your reef? That's really interesting!

Do you just pop open a capsule and drop in the powder? If this is the case and it's working, then you could potentially mix them and make a custom blend for your reef.

The real question is if Centrum Silver Multivitamins are the answer to correcting imbalances with all the micro-elements in our reef tanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gpwdr

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you elaborate on how and how much you dosed? Do you have pictures from your reef? That's really interesting!

Do you just pop open a capsule and drop in the powder? If this is the case and it's working, then you could potentially mix them and make a custom blend for your reef.

The real question is if Centrum Silver Multivitamins are the answer to correcting imbalances with all the micro-elements in our reef tanks.

The Triton test told me how much to dose and what amount.

They were liquids and I will not do this again unless I have the Triton test done again.

Gene

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back