Base Elementz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sangheili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will these be available for sale in the US soon? Any dates? Prices?

Can you shed some light on what is in each of the 3? I am assuming Carbonate, Calcium, and Magnesium+Traces.

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1
I've done the test but can't move forward without some products what's the ETA and can they be preordered? I'd be happy to pay and have them ship as so as possible

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump

Scott when can we buy these from you ?

o2 is correct...we should have the Base Elementz available just before Thanksgiving, if all goes well. The product is due to arrive here within the week!

-Scott

OP
OP
Sangheili

Sangheili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
o2 is correct...we should have the Base Elementz available just before Thanksgiving, if all goes well. The product is due to arrive here within the week!

-Scott

Scott,

Can you shed some more light on the Base Elementz? Some info beyond the "just dose these 3 bottles according to your alk consumption" would be nice. I am assuming it is Calc/Alk/Mag but would like to know more about the makeup of each. Do they have other trace elements? Is there anything special about them that makes them better then say BRS/DIY 2-part? Higher purity maybe? Sodium Bicarb or Carb? etc.

Details!

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[FONT=Arial, serif]Hi Sangheili- Sure, the Base Elements are not simply another multi part formula. Yes, they provide Ca/Alk, but they also contain trace elements in proper ratios in the 3rd part. The purity is extremely high..When Joe and I visited Triton in Germany, we saw the process by which the Elementz are made. Much like "micro-brewed" beer, these products are made by hand in small quantities, using extremely high purity materials, according to a proprietary formula. These are not vague formulations; this is a very high quality product from very high quality ingredients. We'll have more information about this and other products soon. Rest assured, it's not just marketing hype and hyperbole. Ehsan and Triton "walk the walk" and provide a product that is extremely high quality, designed to be the backbone of your dosing regimen. The dosing regimen starts with 10 ml of each solution per 100l of tank water each day. You would measure KH daily to get a handle on any trend upwards or downward and adjust as needed to keep the KH stable. This is very similar to Balling or other dosing regimens using multi-part supplements (Triton's supplements have the additional trace elements, as outlined previously). The idea is to keep the KH at a stable level; this will give you an idea of your dosage of Base Elementz. That's a very generalized and simplified description of the process, but this gives you an idea of what's involved here. Not too complicated.
[/FONT]
-Scott

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the base elementz around a gallon each mixed ?
From my understanding you get them as concentrate and then mix them with RO water.

I'm trying to figure out how long they will last.

dgrigor02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I'm missing something here. I understand the Ca/Alk/Mg as most of us already are use to that part. But Macan spreaker event, talked about V gets used by tunicates, silicate sponges, iron based on algae and corals, Barium consumed higher with Montipora, Manganese for Goniopora. All of these variables which is the whole reason for testing. So I don't see how you can do a single one size fits all Trace Elements "ut they also contain trace elements in proper ratios in the 3rd part." unless this is custom tailored for us based on our test results.

So I would assume your selling the individual trace supplements as well such a V, Mo, Mn, Ba etc ?

Ehsan@triton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I'm missing something here. I understand the Ca/Alk/Mg as most of us already are use to that part. But Macan spreaker event, talked about V gets used by tunicates, silicate sponges, iron based on algae and corals, Barium consumed higher with Montipora, Manganese for Goniopora. All of these variables which is the whole reason for testing. So I don't see how you can do a single one size fits all Trace Elements "ut they also contain trace elements in proper ratios in the 3rd part." unless this is custom tailored for us based on our test results.

So I would assume your selling the individual trace supplements as well such a V, Mo, Mn, Ba etc ?

Hey mate, you understand it correctly, The base elementz are a manipulated Balling classic or 3part solution, but different to all the normaly used once we made them matching on trace-levels to filtration and consumption in average Tanks.
Different to the aproach of others ...for example balling hwo tested coral scelleton of porites for defining the trace element solution to dose...

We could define the needed values by testing a lot o real aquariums and created the needed amounts out of the datapoints we had... wich in our opinion is closer to the reality and mor appliable to a aquarium.

The problem is that when we talk about average tanks we need to say that they are the minority of all aquariums, and the solution matches best to a fixed Filtration (export system).
So we for now reached in he EU about 30-35% good match with the Trace Elementz, but I need to say when entering the US the number will be less IMO as the Tanks and teritorial uniqe differences are visibly higher then we thought.

Howeever: the bese Elementz are make your tank chemicaly Errorfree, strict QC and the possibility to detect a lot of contaminations of salt make this easy possible for us.
The trace Base will individualize your tank to your extereme afterwards, so you can tweek and make thing even better matching...

I hope this is understandable :squigglemouth:

All the best Ehsan

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can live with a slightly higher price I just wish they would start selling this stuff or at least let us know whats going on and when to expect them to be available

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can live with a slightly higher price I just wish they would start selling this stuff or at least let us know whats going on and when to expect them to be available

This is what I saw on their face book page "Triton products are in LA and almost cleared for delivery"

Hey Keith,

Do you have the Triton Method sump set up?

Gene

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I saw on their face book page "Triton products are in LA and almost cleared for delivery"

Hey Keith,

Do you have the Triton Method sump set up?

Gene

I decided not to go with the same sump as triton because I have no nutrient problems with the way my setup is now. I figure if my setup is getting the job done why mess with it. I am planning on running only triton addictive as soon as they are available and having monthly water test done

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back