Two tips that will help you receive test results in a more timely manner!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

We're now back in full swing, receiving many Triton samples every day and shipping them off to the lab for analysis!

One thing that we can't stress enough is the importance of following the registration procedure.

We occasionally will receive tests back which do not have an ID number from Triton written on the vial. Instead, it may be a name or other personal code that the customer created themselves. Any code other than the ID number you created on the Triton web site will result in a test that cannot be run. The problem is, when we receive these, we have no way of tracking who sent them, and Triton has no way to upload results. We hold these in our facility in the hope that the reefer in question will contact us wondering where the heck their test results are! Please remember to register.

triton-bag.jpg

If you are missing results on a test that you sent in, and don't have an account created with Triton- please contact us at 1707TRITON8. We can still ship your tests off once you complete the registration process and advise us of the ID number! We're here to help!

Another common occurrence that delays receipt of test results is forgetting to indicate your aquarium volume when registering. By providing this information, you will give Triton the information it needs to create your customized analysis. Quite a few of the delays that people report are caused by not inputting this, so please take care to do so, and you'll receive your super-accurate results in the most expeditious manner possible!

We hope these little reminders will help you get up and running on the road to "Empowered Reefkeeping" more quickly than ever!

Thanks!

Scott and Joe
Triton US

Last edited:

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any tips on shipping ? should i be shipping next day to you guys? or shipping reg USPS standard shipping?

i just purchased my test kit from a Fish store by me. cause ive beenlurking and wanting to do this for some time.

i always got 2 viels. am i able to Test both my tanks i have? or do i need to use both viels on the same tank?

also, i do dose DDAILY. should i wait 24Hrs before i grab the testing water? if not how many hours should i wait till after im done dosing? just want to make sure my tests results are on KEY and not somewhere around the rainbow.

one more thing. should i be testing more towards the nighttime, i do Know PH drops during the night, but i donot know what other Pars drop during the night that i dont know about.

anyways, much appricaited. for any help.!!

OP
OP
Triton US

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any tips on shipping ? should i be shipping next day to you guys? or shipping reg USPS standard shipping?

i just purchased my test kit from a Fish store by me. cause ive beenlurking and wanting to do this for some time.

i always got 2 viels. am i able to Test both my tanks i have? or do i need to use both viels on the same tank?

also, i do dose DDAILY. should i wait 24Hrs before i grab the testing water? if not how many hours should i wait till after im done dosing? just want to make sure my tests results are on KEY and not somewhere around the rainbow.

one more thing. should i be testing more towards the nighttime, i do Know PH drops during the night, but i donot know what other Pars drop during the night that i dont know about.

anyways, much appricaited. for any help.!!

Great questions!

You can use first class mail or another method to send it to us...We have found that it costs around $2.23 to ship first class mail to Triton US, and when tests are ordered direct from us, postage is included on the envelope. However, please check with the USPS or whatever service you choose to use before shipping to us! Other retailers may or may not chose to include postage. Regardless, you could use almost any service to return the envelope, especially if time is of the essence. However, the samples do not "degrade" appreciably in the length of time it takes to ship to us and on to Germany, so this need not be a factor in your decision about what service to use. Frankly, we recommend that you use the service that east expensive and most convenient for you.

Both vials need to be used for one sample. The rational is that if something happens to the first vial, there will still be enough for Triton to test. The "ID Sec Card" is used for one sample, which is two vials.

As far as testing time- if you're dosing once per day, I'd be inclined to collect the sample some hours after the dose is administer, to allow the additives to be circulated within the water column. If you're dosing automatically 24/7, I'd imagine that there is probably no one time that's better than another. Just collect the sample when it's convenient for you. If anyone else has thoughts on this, I'd appreciate your input!

As above, I'd be inclined to collect the sample when it's convenient for you. Taking into account that pH fluctuates during the light/dark cycle, and knowing that you can check it with a reagent test kit, I would not be overly concerned. Personally, I'd collect the sample during "lights up", but that's just my persona preference.

Hope this helps. As always, thanks for your support and the input!

Regards,

Scott Fellman
Triton US

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back