Has all the hype about the triton base elemtenz method fizzled out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

acromike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

Dont see any recent posts about the base elementz
How are people doing with the triton method?

Or have you lost interest

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problems, no threads?

I found Triton to be a very easy way of reef keeping. Once the system is set up about the only thing I do is watch the corals grow. I never had much success with sps corals and now they are growing exponentially every day.

My tank is mostly frags now but I've planned for the future and expect to have an awesome reef tank.

I received a few frags that were bleached, they didn't die and are now brown. Do you think they will color up?

The Triton reef keeping system is definitely an advancement in the reef tank hobby.

Gene

Attachments

• P1230007.jpg
    P1230007.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 674
Last edited:

Robert_ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problems, no threads?

I found Triton to be a very easy way of reef keeping. Once the system is set up about the only thing I do is watch the corals grow. I never had much success with sps corals and now they are growing exponentially every day.

My tank is mostly frags now but I've planned for the future and expect to have an awesome reef tank.

I received a few frags that were bleached, they didn't die and are now brown. Do you think they will color up?

The Triton reef keeping system is definitely an advancement in the reef tank hobby.

Gene
If they have turned brown from bleached imo you are on your way. I believe the brown is the tissue starting to gain color pigments. Once it gets the cOlor pigments it will start to color up in a few weeks.

Sangheili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 months in and seeing great results. My old tank could never keep, let alone grow SPS. This new tank w/ the help of Triton is seeing amazing growth.

joefishUC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

Dont see any recent posts about the base elementz
How are people doing with the triton method?

Or have you lost interest

Hello Mike.
We talk to people everyday and so far everyone seems quite happy with the base elementz. I might point out that Triton is not going to market the products with the same gusto and energy you might be familiar with in this hobby. We believe that any good product should grow in popularity based on its own merits, not on flashy marketing. We prefer to go slow and work with people on a one on one basis to ensure that they are using the products correctly and have the highest chance of success. Only through success will others realize the ease and benefit of using Triton products.

Sangheili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like to add to my previous comment,

I got my 2nd test results today and my water is nearly perfect. I think that's one of the best examples of it "working".

OP
OP
A

acromike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Base Elemtents

Hello

I am on my second round of base elementz. I would really like to speak with someone over at UC to discuss if I am using the elementz correctly. Overall, my reef looks great. I have noticed my salinity is on the higher end of normal. I also do see alot of algae growing on rocks even though my P04 is 0.04. wonder if this has anything to do with the Base elementz.

Sangheili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I am on my second round of base elementz. I would really like to speak with someone over at UC to discuss if I am using the elementz correctly. Overall, my reef looks great. I have noticed my salinity is on the higher end of normal. I also do see alot of algae growing on rocks even though my P04 is 0.04. wonder if this has anything to do with the Base elementz.

1) Do you have a refugium and is it growing well? What is your nitrate level at?

2) The Elementz is just like normal 3-part dosing in that it includes sodium and chloride and will slowly increase your salinity if water is not removed. Usually wet skimming is enough to fix this but if its not then you may need to remove some saltwater occasionally. Use the calculator on the triton website to figure out how much to remove.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't be happier with the triton. I did post my first test and second test results which are the only proof needed to see that it works IMO. Many corals that were going down hill have rebounded nicely. I'm looking forward to adding a few nice acros this weekend since the few that survived my previous crash are now doing well. I have growth tips on my birdsnest like I've never seen. The tips are about twice as long as they have ever been before.

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

Hello Mike,

Feel free to give us a call at 707 874-8668. We can go over the specifics of your tank. As for the phosphates, it shouldn't have anything to do directly with the Base Elementz but more to do with nutrients, flow issues, etc.

Reeferdavemd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can say is wow!

I started my switch over about a month ago. I have been running 2 part BRS for the better part of a year with really good results. I supplemented HW-Strontip, Red-Sea ABCD and ran NoPox.

I slowly started by dosing triton 10 ml and upping the dose every day while slowing down the 2 part. Two weeks in I was about 50/50 on triton and the 2 part and the colors and polyp extension started exploding. 2 days ago I fully switch over to the triton 4 part. I can just about watch the chalices growing!

joefishUC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats the price on the base elementz?

All of the information including pricing is on the Triton-us.com website or uniquecorals.com under the "goods" tab. The set of elementz (4x 1liter bottles) retails for $78 plus shipping. They are concentrated so you add them to RO/di water to create 10liters of each solution.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back