Triton 4 part elements

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

djbetterly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been considering the triton elements, but whats stopping me is my lack of knowledge. I noticed that you have to mix a few of the parts into RODI water. Do you have to mix everything at once? Can anyone give me a quick set of instructions on them?

Sangheili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You receive 4 bottles. Number 1, 2 , 3a, 3b.

Grab yourself 4 buckets or four containers that will hold 10 liters or more.

Fill each container with about 8-9 liters of RO water.

Elements 2, 3a, 3b are all liquid and can be poured straight in to form a solution of 10 liters total (1 Liter + 9 Liters of RO). Your done.

Element 1 is dry powder and needs to be mixed slowly, and preferably into heated RO water. Once added to the water, top off until you hit 10 Liters of solution. Done.

Now setup your dosing pump to pull equal amounts from each of the 4 containers. You need to dose the same of each element daily (with the possible exception of Element 2 which is calcium - if you find your calcium levels get too high).

Hope this helps!

carloriv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to correct you Sangheili but in the guide for dummies post here said you only dose three subtance 1 , 2,3a+3b you have to mix the 3a and 3b with 8 liter of water to make 1 only 10 liter solution .it is correct or it change?

OP
OP
djbetterly

djbetterly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad I'm not the only one confused..

Here is a quote from the dummies guide.

They come in 4 concentrated bottles that make up 3 x 10 litre solutions. 1, 2, 3a + 3b (Figure 2). Bottles 1 & 2 should be added to 9 litres of RO/DI water respectively and bottles 3a + 3b should be combined with 8 litres.

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been considering the triton elements, but whats stopping me is my lack of knowledge. I noticed that you have to mix a few of the parts into RODI water. Do you have to mix everything at once? Can anyone give me a quick set of instructions on them?

If you PM me I can send you PDF of Triton Manual and Triton for Dummies.

Gene

OP
OP
djbetterly

djbetterly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get an error...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429234115.493302.jpg

Sangheili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to correct you Sangheili but in the guide for dummies post here said you only dose three subtance 1 , 2,3a+3b you have to mix the 3a and 3b with 8 liter of water to make 1 only 10 liter solution .it is correct or it change?

If you have 4 channels available to dose with, its much preferred to separate 3a and 3b as they can sometimes crystallize when mixed together. It is however not required.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there is confusion because there are several ways to do it. The way they began was mixing 3a and 3b together with 8l of water. If you have 4 doser's you can also mix each one separately and dose the same amount of each. Or you can do what I do, and mix 3a and 3b together with double the water to "water it down", and dose twice the amount of the 3a/3b mixture compared to the 1 and 2. This way you can get away with only 3 doser's and not have to worry about the crystalization from mixing 3a/3b. I'm on the 3rd set of elementz doing it this way with no issues whatsoever.

Also to make it easy for everything, I use one bucket that I marked 9l one so I can just fill it to the line, mix in whichever part, and add it to the dosing containers. Very easy.

OP
OP
djbetterly

djbetterly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK...I'm getting a better feel for this now. What I decided to do, since my dosing containers aren't large enough, is I bought four 2.5 gallon containers that I will mix everything in. Then I'll just use those to fill my dosing containers as need be. I'll probably end up using Triggreef's method of double amounts, thats easier than buying another dosing pump.

Thanks guys for chiming in.

acromike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question regarding using dosing pump with triton.

We check alk daily if alk is less than or equal to 8 then dose base elementz.
My question is how do you account for situations where alk rises above 8 if uour dosing pump will dose troton BE daily?

M3ace9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along. I understand that triton is to be ran a certain way, but by definition there would be a overdose of some elements if the alk was ran at say 10 instead of 8 as directed. Any thoughts of how this would effect a tank? Im not too familiar with triton and just curious.

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question regarding using dosing pump with triton.

We check alk daily if alk is less than or equal to 8 then dose base elementz.
My question is how do you account for situations where alk rises above 8 if uour dosing pump will dose troton BE daily?

If your alk rises above 8, just reduce the amount that you are dosing with your pump by a little bit. Then test again in a few days. If needed, adjust again.
I've been on Triton for about a week with a 4 channel dosing pump and my alk is at 9.3 dkh. I'm going to wait a few days to see if consumption increases and brings it down to 8. If not, I will dial back the daily volumes slightly.

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along. I understand that triton is to be ran a certain way, but by definition there would be a overdose of some elements if the alk was ran at say 10 instead of 8 as directed. Any thoughts of how this would effect a tank? Im not too familiar with triton and just curious.
My understanding is that, yes, since everything is balanced, if you go above 8 in alk, you will be over recommended levels in Mg and Ca as well.

acromike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been on triton for a few months. 70ml daily of each BE keeps my alk stable between 7 and 8. I am manually dosing at the present time. I am going to automate using a Jebao 4 channel doser. I am used to checking alk daily with the manual method. I guess if alk raises I will just shut the doser off and wait until the alk falls down to 8 or below again. Would be nice to automate this somehow.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back