Triton Sump Overflow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was still having a little trouble with algae pieces going over the over flow and getting into the skimmer pump.

P4130005_zps3hztwip7.jpg

Someone in another forum had this great idea. They used a plastic canvas used for cross stitching found at hobby stores like Michaels and pieces of 2" PVC.
If you make one perpendicular cut on the PVC screen holders they act as a spring loaded clip as well as the screen holder.
Cut the canvas to the inside PVC diameter. Cut the PVC to 1" clips. Make one perpendicular cut on each clip. Roll the canvas and put into the clips. Spread each PVC clip and clip to the top of the over flow baffle. Cost $5.00

P4190009_zpsg1qeko8h.jpg

P4190010_zpskewzhaps.jpg

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any problems with alage building on the screen. seems like it would be like a mini ats and buuild up, but maybe not

OP
OP
gpwdr

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, algae does build up on the screen. I pop the clips off and clean the screen.
The algae in the refugium has attached itself to the rocks so I no longer need the screen.

d_adler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what algae do you have in your sump? im gonna use this exact method with the screen when i start my new sump this week. the only macro really avaialble locally is chaeto (i already have) calurpa, and red dragons breath. any more you would really recommend?

kv69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the guys at Modular Marine custom cut this overflow for my fuge. Its a 40 gallon breeder mod. Note the spillways. Going in tomorrow and scaping my DT.

20151126_200211.jpg

Back