Osmolator power supply

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tphill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I need a power supply with a USA plug for my Tunze Osmolator 3155. Who sells these? Thanks.
This was a new in sealed box unit that I've had for over a year while acquiring all the other parts for this tank. I think it shorted out from moisture, although none of the other plugs for the various and numerous other items that are plugged into this power strip have any issues.

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used isopropyl alcohol on Q-Tips from time to time to remove corrosion on the male end of power adapter, and female port of controller. Could be worth a try.

If not contact Roger and he'll take care of you.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the images you will see on line show the German plug, but if you order it from the US, you will get the US plug. Amazon, Premium Aquatics and Tunze.com are all sources. If you sent it in and it was not due to water damage it would be replaced under warranty if it was less than 2 years old.

OP
OP
Tphill

Tphill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies. I'll order one from TunzeUSA.

As far as sending it in, if water damage is not covered under the warranty, I'm positive it would be determined that it was water damage.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have run the US office of Tunze for 12 years and I think you will see that honesty and fairness are the way I do business if you look at our feedback. If I were to say it was water damaged, I would be able to substantiate it, what we look for is corrosion of the DC tip, particularly the positive or inner tip as this will reverse plate and almost instantly corrode if it has power and the tip lands in a puddle or sump, we also open the power supply and look for corrosion and salt creep on the circuit board. With that said, easily 70% of the power supplies people send in do have a corroded tip, people unplug them at the controller and it falls in a sump and the damage is done very quickly, however even in such cases I discount a replacement so they are not out more than if they would have just ordered it to begin with.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back