Comline Reefpack Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tjgr34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I'm looking into getting a Comline Reefpack for my 36 gallon corner aquarium. Is this line going to be updated any time soon (should I wait to purchase), and which model would you recommend? Finally, can you point me to an online retailer, or a retailer near Irvine, CA?

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are talking about the Reefpack 250, then I doubt it will be updated any time soon. Hasn't been out but a year or 2. Great skimmer, I use it in my 30gal tank and it does a great job.

Marine Depot carries them and they are located in Garden Grove.

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reefpack is indeed fairly new so we wouldn't expect an update anytime soon. It is actually a great product that seems to get overlooked for some reason.

I see that we do have it in stock. You can call us to place your order by phone then pick it up from our will-call window tomorrow. Or, if we ship the order to you, it should arrive on Thursday.

OP
OP
T

tjgr34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent! I assume that they're usually in stock. I just bought a new rod and reel today, so I probably won't be purchasing the Reefpack for another week or two.

OP
OP
T

tjgr34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more question- the Marine Depot website says that the Reefpack "[C]an be retrofit with Osmolator® 3155 (sold separately) for water level control directly on the case." Does this just mean that you can attach the Osmolator to the side of the Reefpack housing, or does it attach in a more specific way?

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water sensor attaches to the back part of the filter housing, not the skimmer. The location of the safety float switch will still have to be in another spot of the aquarium using the included magnet. Also will have to attach the hose for the return water somewhere. Honestly, you might as well just hook the sensor to the magnet as designed. Makes it easier to view and move if needed IMO. I've been running the tunze ATO for probably 5 or 6 years and I bought it used. I've replaced the return pump once in that time and I've let it run dry on many occasions. Also bought the magnet when it came out a few years ago since mine just had the old attachment method. It has been a great investment for me.

If you don't need the filter part you might want to just consider buying the skimmer. That is what I did. I didn't want to loose more room in my aquarium for another internal filter.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As stated, the Reefpack 250 was a recent update and won't change anytime soon. The optic sensor of an osmolator clips to the back of the filter and the only real reason to do this is it sets the perfect water level with no need to fine tune the position.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone has just the skimmer for sale in the selling forum. I really like the skimmer. I had the 9002 for many years and when it finally died I picked up the 9004.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back