tunze 9011

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Johnthebaptist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 9011 on a 90 gallon tank run in tank. I am having trouble getting a good foam to form. It has been in use for about 1 year and the last 4 months just seems to not be preforming. I have cleaned the full unit and pump about 2 weeks ago. I have even tried running it a little lower that the suggested water line and just can't get anything but extremely dry foam that usually does not even make it to the cup. I just end up with a dirty reaction chamber.

Any ideas?

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be an issue with the pump, but just in case...

Sounds like not enough water being pumped which could imply too much air in your mix. You should just be able to use the thumbscrew adjustment to fix it if that's the case.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try this first-

Remove the cup, remove the blue air intake screw, place the skimmer in a tall bucket (old salt bucket). Pour in 1 gallon of white vinegar and add enough RO water to completely cover the skimmer. Plug the skimmer in and let it run for 4 hours, this will pull the mixture through the air passages and clean out all the salt creep. After this strip it down and rinse it and check that the pump is clean, this will get most of the crud out so it should be very clean. Don't run it for more than about 6hrs, the pump will make this small volume of water fairly warm, after 4 hours it will be in the high 80's and if left for several hours, it can get hot tub warm and start to damage small parts.

Submerging it deeper is usually a bad idea, if too deep you will start to draw water into the air intake and that will reduce the performance.

OP
OP
J

Johnthebaptist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I have readjusted and am getting some really dry skimmate. I will be checking at the end of the week and if not better give it a vinegar bath.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back