The joy of fish rooms: Who admits to "Multiple Tank Syndrome?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have MTS and its starting to look like Ripleys at my house. I have a 300G Arowana tank, a 60G Discus/planted tank, a Peacock Mantis tank, 2 Reef tanks, and a frag tank, oh yea does Qt tanks count lol. Bad thing is I catch myself scanning craigslist for great deals lol.

Arrghhhh I feel you!

-Scott

teddy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi I am Wanda and I have MTS.. 110g- fresh in living room: 120 salt mixed reef/predator and a 40g feeder fish in front bedroom/office: 93 cube mixed reef/fish, 40g zoa/mushroom w/ fish, 15g tall mixed, 30g biocube mix in bedroom... our remodeling of house and the new decor is being worked around the tanks we will be doing.. as of right now we are planning 3 93 cubes in l/r 1 fresh 2 salt: 120 in d/r, 2 93 cubes in office and who knows what will end up in bedroom and have considered small ones upstairs

greg 45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not me

20130721_113012.jpg
20130721_113040.jpg
:squigglemouth: All wiring cleaned up what a chore all tanks house anemones lighting by Fathom led Hydra Series

mclawrence

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30 gallon Cichlid tank in my living room, a 20 gallon nano reef in my bedroom, a 7 gallon nano reef and a 6 gallon Fluval edge Tropical tank at my office at work. Yep, I'm addicted. :humble:

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After joining my local reef club and attending a few frag swaps I decided in the middle of remodeling my basement to plumb in a drain in the floor and add a waterline in the room with it for easy water changes. I have only been in the hobby about a year but I have met some very cool people and learned a great deal about water, science, being a good reefer and in doing so being a good person. I find that the people in this hobby are more often then not honest individuals that are good people to meet and o be around.

To me this is something my whole family can enjoy. Maybe they don't understand why I'm always making water and everything I'm doing but they love seeing the tank. I have been bitten by the reef but big time. So my plan for my small fish room will be my current 80 frag tank will become a real frag tank instead of a display. A 120 for my display. A dedicated refugium but set up with a nice clean look like a display. And upstairs a seahorse slash invert tank. I already have three of those tanks. I will definitely be posting some pictures once my room is finish and I start setting it up.

Love this hobby, the people, the animals, the knowledge and beauty it is truly a rewarding thing to be involved with. I actually grew up in keylargo, Florida and I use to take for granted all the beauty I got to see everyday and now I wish I could move back there and just live there. Crazy how things change I guess but I'm glad to be a reefer and I'm super excited for my fish room.

Last edited:

Usctom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I downsized 2 years ago from 7 tanks. I had 5 tanks in a large closet. Told my wife I'd downsize due do second child on the way. I had 2 for a while and then decided to fill the closet again. It now has a small frag tank and 5 dart frog tanks. In the living room I have a 60 cube reef and 90 long cichlids. I can't wait to move out of my apartment and have a basement to fill.

RiverRat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great topic....I don't have a dedicated fish room, but I do have tanks throughout the house. The living room has a 110 gallon reef and a 5 gallon planted fw, one bedroom has a 45 gallon seahorse tank and a 4 gallon reef, a second bedroom has 20 gallon fw, and the basement has a 50 gallon fw planted tank and an 80 gallon fw fish tank. Never realized how many gallons of water were in my house until now.

Squishie89

Glub Glub
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have MTS yet. But I think I have the predecessor because I want multiple tanks (right now the plan is for 3 main displays, and 3-4 small species specific tanks. A girl can dream).

MoonBoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great article. I think my wife would have me sleeping with the fish if I bought any more tanks! :squigglemouth:

alohadood

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were single... my house would be full of fish!! We have however come to am agreement (limit) at 7 tanks. .. once the 75 is upgraded to 155 bowfront and the 40b to a 65... we are done. ..

PostShawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could have more but my house barely fits my current family of humans and K9s (myself, wife, baby, 3 dogs). So until we move to a bigger house in a couple years then I really can't add anymore. I have my 70g corner unit inside and my 200g goldfish pond outside. At one point I had 3 tanks inside (60g goldfish, 29g freshwater, and a 5g beta tank).

I used to think I wish I had a basement for a fish room build. In Southern California you really don't get basements due to fault activity. But back in NY every house practically had a basement. Then I realized though the problem is a tank should really be where you get to enjoy it everyday. Otherwise it's not worth it. So most people don't enjoy things in their basements everyday unless they are living in the basement. So I love seeing people with fish rooms or well placed tanks in everyday used areas of the house.

ebushrow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I am at a count of 10 right now....my wife says she will divorce me if I add another....just bought a 320gallon today....guess I am going to test her threat....I just cannot stand being limited by a reef, or fish only....I need them all....

mlewandowski61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really people with only 1 tank ??? Whats the fun in that?? How can you just keep one thing? Not me to many intersting things out there.. currently have 2 SW 120 and 3 FW. Back in my really obsessed days I had a active breeding setup for n multiple species of Cichlids. Around 1000 gal of seperate species tanks.

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm down to one...150g reef tank...SOOO happy with it...and it'll be plenty for me, since I'll be helping maintain my Dad's FW 180g as well.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back