'Long lash' eagle eyes - are they?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jedimasterben

Bubble coral sting good
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been on a quest for a while now to get some true 'long lash' eagle eye zoas, like this from user lazylivin:

05-31-2009031.jpg

I noticed a listing on your website for a frag of 'long lash' eagle eyes, and this is the picture:
1inch-dr-long-lash-eagle-eyes-48-inventory-3.jpg

Are the skirts longer than in the picture (maybe when the frag was being photographed the polyps closed a little)? Do you perhaps have any others (or could take another or so)? The two corals appear to be two separate strains of Z. sansibaricus.

Thanks!

Ben

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great question...I believe that they are, and that the zoo just wasn't being very cooperative...But I can check and get back to you!

-Scott

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long lash eagle eyes have a very long skirt. I had them for years and lost them during a move. The skirt is about twice as long as regular eagle eyes. I named them many years back and would love to get my hands on some more. The top ones in the first picture is certainly long lash eagle eyes.

Last edited:

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could also do a search on super sunflower zoa's as they are identical to eagle eye's but have huge skirts.
Here is a pic of my little colony but you can see the long skirts, sorry iphone pic

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the delay in response...Been a bit crazy lately...I think that the pic you reference shows them in not "100%" open position...They generally have a significantly longer "skirt" than you see in our photo. We'd probably need to get a better pic!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back