• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Reef Radiance - dm 155e not so good

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

jeeperndp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 2 dm 155e leds for about 1 month now and have had many problems not just the CHINESE lights but the service. First the fan stoped working days after i got them. Now the blue lights go on and off at random. I bought the stands for them but they were a joke, didnt fit my common 55 gal tank and looked like they were made for somthing else. They are cheap with cheap paint. So i mailed them back 2 weeks ago and now cant get a refund , actually i cant get anyone to answer my mess.,phone call, email or anything!! I left a message on there facebook page and it was deleted right away. So that answers the question why you dont see any negative comments on these lights. SO now i have a light that doesnt work right and it seems sincethey have my money now they have forgotten me. There were other problems too but the point is they are not as great as everyone says. SO BEWARE!!!! And now my corals suffer!! That really makes me sad. Where are you now Rick?

OP
OP
J

jeeperndp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i hate to trash somones business but These lights are not as great as many say. Most comment the day they open the box. Mine too were boxed great but that where my happiness ended. I went from M.H. and vho to these and there is no comparison. I only wish i didnt get rid of them so i could go back. I guess now im stuck with a broken light since Rick will not respond to me .

CKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope your issue gets resolved! I personally have never once had a problem with the Reef Radiance lights I had and I had great service with Rick after I got my lights as well.

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about some pics or video of said unit? I'm finding it a little strange how you became a member just to create this thread.
Rick has awesome customer service! Answers all emails quickly and takes time to answer any and all questions.

Last edited:

sutton6989

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had a problem with my lights and have had them for about a 7 months. Corals look amazing

OP
OP
J

jeeperndp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange or rare as it may be its the truth about my light and the lack of help from Rick. I wouldnt waste my time to say this if it were not true. I am very upset he wont respond too my email or calls. So i thought eventually he will here about this and hopefully call me to fix or replace this light.

GrizFyrFyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you aware that Rick is currently up to his eyeballs trying to move his business from Arkansas to California? I have had nothing but good customer service from him, God forbid he be a human being and a small business owner.

OP
OP
J

jeeperndp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am aware of his move. Does that mean phones and computers dont work while you are moving? I know this may sound incensitive but i waited days before i got to this point, 7 days to be exact.

OP
OP
J

jeeperndp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rick has called me and will replace the light. just wish it didnt take 7 days for a call back . Sorry for the gripping guys but when it comes to my reef tank i have little patients for error. Thanks

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone.

I am going to take the high road on this. I saw this post only after a first time customer told me about it about 5 minutes ago. I called this customer back - Jeeperndp -earlier today when I could spare a few minutes to do so - before I saw this post. As pointed out - we are in the middle of moving the company to California and are truly buried and are a bit behind. We always get back to our customers quickly - that is just what we do . We knew we might be a bit slow in getting back to people- before we moved - and posted on our site so our customers would understand if we took longer than normal to get back to them. I sent this customer a brand new light in exchange for the one light that he was having a problem with - and it already went out today - before he returns his. For those who know us - you know this is not exceptional. In any case - I will let you all - judge this based upon what you know of us and what this customer says.

Rick

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jeeperndp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of concern the bad light has been shipped back in 2 days from the time i recieved the replacment. That is honesty not patients.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back