• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Aquarium adventure columbus ohio

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can say is.. Stay away. The reason I'm posting this is because many Ohio reef keepers start at this store because it's the best known store here. The livestock quality is decent, I've seen some nice fish and coral, however they're mark up is insane. A mandarin is over 55$, a skunk cleaner shrimp 60$, 2 inch duresa clam 200$, yellow tang 130$. Their prices are outrageous. Something else they do to lure people in is by offering half off sales. The thing is they mark up the prices right before the sale. It is a shady business. The most recent experience I had is when I went to look at skimmers, they didn't have many choices and I saw a corallife 220 skimmer. Dr foster smith has it for 160 ish. They had it on sale for 310$! I couldn't believe it. Just wanted to offer a heads up

bucksfan1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea its horrible. Its owned by Petland. What they do is when they have a % off sale they slowly raise the fish prices until even at 50% off they are selling above market value. Its complete bull

Last edited by a moderator:

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered that they may be sourcing their animals from high quality wholesalers whom use high quality collectors thus offering high quality animals?

Of course prices are of a huge concern to hobbyists, but we need to make sure that people aren't going down the street for a $40 yellow tang that's nearly on it's way out. There's no comparison to a hand caught, well handled fish compared to many collectors and wholesalers whom toss fish around and move them out as fast as possible to make a buck. These are the companies that will end our hobby, not if, but when... and it's truly up to us to purchase the higher quality fish which not only offers us an incredibly higher chance of survival, but will keep the 'good' collectors and wholesalers in business and will extend the life of our hobby.

Marking up prices before a sale to make "sale prices" match general market value is indeed shady, and this store should perhaps be avoided for that reason. However we cannot make purchases purely on price. I see wholesale lists everyday and there's no doubt that you'll see "Fish X" available from "Wholesaler 1" for $10, and the same "Fish X" is available from "Wholesaler 2" for $40. Know which one I'll order from? "Wholesaler 2" all day long... not because I want to pay more for a fish, but the collection, care and handling of fish is [generally] directly correlated to pricing. There are of course exceptions to places that just mark prices up for no particular reason, but they'll weed themselves out in due time.

Please note that I have never heard of the store you mentioned and have zero affiliation with them, or Columbus for that matter. I'm born and raised in Ann Arbor, I have no qualms with sticking them ;)

OP
OP
ohio reefer

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually moving to the Ann Arbor area so I'm happy to find some members. Could you possibly pm me some of the better stores in the area? Thanks, and I thought they may have a better collector but even if they have the best collector they have the worst conditions. I've seen fish with no eyes there. I've seen more dead fish than live fish in some tanks.

OP
OP
ohio reefer

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention this isn't a small shop run by hobbyists. It's a large chain store.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back