• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Buyers beware!! - Mr Coral Nightmare

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

TinpanVA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, let me start by saying once you read the following timeline, it will become incredibly clear that not only myself, but the club which put on the group buy have demonstrated the patience of job. Since I can’t speak for everyone that was involved in the group buy, I will only lay out my personal experience with Sunny (Mr Coral).
My original order was placed online through his website and payment confirmed via paypal on March 17 2014. On March 19 I added an additional coral to my existing order and included the group buy code and a note that this was in addition to my original order, again, all confirmed via paypal. On March 27 due to storms, & weather and such, we received the group buy order. My corals with packed extremely well, marked with my name, and at this point, was quite impressed. Once I got home and realized I was missing the additional coral I placed on the 19th, I immediately sent Mr Coral an email to that effect and to confirm he in fact received my second order. Keep in mind, it’s about midnight at this point and I was not even expecting a reply at that hour, but to my amazement Sunny replied to me email and indicated he would look into it. Meer minutes later I received another email from Sunny that said he had overlooked the order as the volume of our group buy was pretty big. Sunny indicated he could do 1 of 2 things for me, a refund or send my frag down with a few extra frags for the mix up. I was very understanding of the mix up and was promised a few extra frags as well, it was a no brainer, send the frags in a few weeks! I sent another email confirming the particulars, 5 emails in fact, and Sunny stated “Weather looks to be turning around. Week or 2â€.
April 2 – I sent another email to Sunny, one of the other corals he sent me was dying, sent pictures of the corals. Following day I got an email with “thanks for the updateâ€
April 8th – Coral now dead, Sunny indicated he was out of SPS but could offer me palys. I declined, I’m a milli fan, I’d wait.
June 21st – I notice on My Corals Ebay site he is back to selling SPS (High end Milli’s to be exact), so I sent him and email asking when mine would be shipping. He indicated he just got them in and they needed to heal. I got fed up, waited long enough, felt this was a complete sham because at this point, I’m the one initiating all the emails, and finding out he’s still selling on ebay. I asked for my money back, I was done. He asked me to PLEASE read the fine print, I admit, I overlooked it. “****Given the sensitivity of SPS corals, we are going to be holding on to all SPS frags for at least two weeks before shipping in order to give them ample time to heal.**** Needless to say, a month later, no corals. I’d be willing to bet, those other order went out just fine.
July 21st - I ask for yet another update, I haven’t heard anything after your last update of shipping in two weeks. Sunny indicates he’s ready to ship! Yeah! What’s the time frame? Is this just my order or a club shipment? All questions went unanswered and didn’t hear a work from him.
July 28th – Another email to Sunny, haven’t heard anything, can I get an update. Sunny’s reply; “Hey Paul, sorry I’m heading to xxx my son won his state tournament†etc etc etc . I replied on the 31st, congrats with your son, guess my stuff will ship next week? No replies.
Aug 6th – Here we are another 15 or so days since you were “ready†and I haven’t heard anything.

The rest of the club has given up, but for some reason, I won’t. I feel you stole from me, took my money and didn’t deliver the goods. The corals that you did send were bleached out and tiny, all of which died in short order. You [at that time] listed them all as WYSIWYG which was complete crap, no ones corals were WYSIWYG and everyone called you out on it. IMHO, you’re just a puppy mill except you push corals. In the 4 months, 19 days and still counting, I could have walked to Fiji myself and plucked my own corals from the sea. Oh, and one last thing, since it didn’t happen to my corals, I won’t go into details, but if I were a perspective buyer, I’d dip and quarantine the corals, just ‘sayin.

OP
OP
TinpanVA

TinpanVA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Got a reply from my email to Sunny, "I'm still away". Ayup, that's all it says, pretty impressive communication. SMH

Last edited:

JDMREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i ntoo have had horrible expierence with mrcoral. beware of reef2reef tho, they like to delete bad vendor feedbacks who are their sponsers. i wrote one a few weeks back and hey look its gone. nice to know reef2reef supports these kind of people

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i ntoo have had horrible expierence with mrcoral. beware of reef2reef tho, they like to delete bad vendor feedbacks who are their sponsers. i wrote one a few weeks back and hey look its gone. nice to know reef2reef supports these kind of people

You made a feedback thread or added comments to someone else's feedback? Do a site search,feedback between 2 parties is never deleted. Comments from outsiders in those dispute threads are removed.

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

By the way, here is your post, https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166989
In plain view for anyone including you to see. What's the issue here?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Next time please search before making false accusations. Legitimate feedback is NEVER removed no matter who it is about. We don't protect sponsors. We do however ask that everyone follow the rules and that includes how feedback is left. Thanks.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Outside parties are not permitted to participate in feedback threads. Buyers and sellers only please. If you have had an experience with this seller (positive or negative), please start your own feedback thread in this forum.

OP
OP
TinpanVA

TinpanVA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sonny has reached out and indicated my frags are healing. I've requested an anticipated ship date. I'll keep you posted.

OP
OP
TinpanVA

TinpanVA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, time for an update. After 2 more months of going back and forth, a few heated conversations on both parties, options given, and a promise from Mr Coral that he has made changes to his brand and his way of doing business. I'm happy to report I finally have a tracking #. Seems my order went out yesterday. As per our agreement, I will take pictures of what he sent and post them up. I think we all know getting the corals is only half of the battle, keeping them alive SPS esp, has a shaky history with him. Hopefully, he is sincere about turning things around, I'll keep this thread alive and updated as we go along. With a little luck, maybe Mr Coral has heard the feedback and is responding accordingly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TinpanVA

TinpanVA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frags arrived, ended up with a Fuzzy Watermelon, Pink Milli, Sunset, and 4 bonus frags for all the mix-ups. Not sure what they are, seem to all be millis. Got everything dipped and in QT. Will get pics tomorrow. Several of the frags are Lilly white and clearly fresh cut, but a couple of them look to have been fragged weeks ago. Possibly new cuts on older frags. One is about 1/2", 3 are about 3/4", 2 are 1" and one of them about 1 1/2"

OP
OP
TinpanVA

TinpanVA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here they are 3 days in the tank, lost a little color, but that is very normal for me, and usually rebound 30 -60 days. Clearly fresh cut, but I will say these are a huge improvement over my last shipment from him. I'm still concerned what they will look like 60-90 days out, but will keep you in the loop. Unfortunately the sale thread had been removed so I can't show you a picture of what he posted to compare to.

Unknown #1 & 2
119_zps9eb047eb.jpg

Unknown #3
114_zpsc7dfe047.jpg

049_zpse42cf6ee.jpg

Closeup Unknown #1
011_zpsd6844700.jpg

Pink Milli
020_zpsea799d1e.jpg

Fuzzy Watermelon
018_zps43d4e468.jpg

Pink & Sunset Milli
065_zpse8596424.jpg

Sunset Milli
022_zps0dbb8fc0.jpg

Unknown #4
055_zps4aa5cf66.jpg

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You made a feedback thread or added comments to someone else's feedback? Do a site search,feedback between 2 parties is never deleted. Comments from outsiders in those dispute threads are removed.

Comments from outsiders in those dispute threads are removed.

OP
OP
TinpanVA

TinpanVA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 have peeled 100% and 2 more have started. This is what happens when you don't heal your frags and just run a puppy mill of a frag chop shop.

20141024_180413_zpspk6jrh6i.jpg

OP
OP
TinpanVA

TinpanVA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only 2 left, mustering up my best *suprised* look.

michaela

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DO NOT SHOP IN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrCoral.com

THIS GUY IS A SWINDLER!!! I ORDERED ON JAN 5TH 2015 FOR $ 404,84 AND PAID WITH CREDITCARD. TILL DATE (4 Months) - NO CORALS - NO MONEY BACK!!!!

Attachments

• ORDER.jpg
    ORDER.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 332
  • Visa.jpg
    Visa.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 319

DFW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DO NOT SHOP IN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrCoral.com

THIS GUY IS A SWINDLER!!! I ORDERED ON JAN 5TH 2015 FOR $ 404,84 AND PAID WITH CREDITCARD. TILL DATE (4 Months) - NO CORALS - NO MONEY BACK!!!!

I don't see Mr. Coral anywhere on this. And do you really want coral shipped from the US all the way to Austria?

michaela

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
sorry, here is another Picture with "MRCORAL"

I asked him, if it is possible to ship corals to Austria.

(look at the photo of the email):

"I contacted the post office should be no problem. I order a long heat pack. I send to Italy all the time no problem."

Michaela

Attachments

• ORDER Mr Coral.jpg
    ORDER Mr Coral.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 294
  • Mail MR CORAL.JPG
    Mail MR CORAL.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 292

michaela

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
......PS: he also wanted the CVC from the Credit Card!

michaela

OP
OP
TinpanVA

TinpanVA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr Coral is no longer a sponsor on R2R because of his horrible practices. I made the same mistake as you by not researching him first. You can look on any forum and find post after post, feedback after feedback, all have the same complaints.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back