• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Marine Depot rocks!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

5ft24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love marine depot...
My latest order shipped notification came with the following tear jerker note...

Good news, DAVID!

Your aquarium supplies have been carefully picked from Marine Depot's shelves like delicate berries and placed into a wicker basket lined with unicorn fur. With the grace of a ballerina, we tiptoed them to our packing station where Santa's Elves who work with us during their off-season prepared your order for shipment.

Your products were methodically placed in each box using techniques taught to us by a former Tetris World Champion. Using a pair of tweezers, we placed hundreds of packing peanuts one-by-one into every nook and cranny to ensure safe transport. We are proud to share with you that our packing peanuts are reusable, recyclable, biodegradable and made using 100% recycled content. They also do not trigger peanut allergies. Eat your heart out, Mr. Peanut.

Saying goodbye to such sought-after products is always gut-wrenching. That is why we offer employees unlimited handkerchiefs as a part of our generous benefits package. As your order was whisked away at light speed down our assembly line into the loving arms of the shipping courier, our warehouse elves, with tears in their eyes, joined hands and whispered, "Jábba sô kalîk qonay." We don't speak Elvish ourselves, but they tell us the rough translation is "May these supplies bring stability and success to the aquarium and its owner." Wow, we are getting a little choked up ourselves now. Thanks, elves.

As the delivery truck pulled away from our warehouse dock, a rare double rainbow appeared overhead. That's when we knew the products we had raised since they were mere hatchlings were on their way to a better home. Please take care of them and, we promise, they will take care of you.

With sincere appreciation,

The MarineDepot.com Family

jpines

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome! Makes me want to do business just so I can receive such a letter:whoo:

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved to current forum, thx

DaveMorris

MACNA2016 Co-Chair
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some stuff from them a few years ago and needed it overnight so I selected overnight shipping when I was checking out. I believe it was going to be somewhere around $35. Later that day I got an email from them stating that they were shipping the order via UPS ground because from their facility to San Diego UUPS ground gets there the next day anyway and they didn't want to charge me for overnight shipping unnecessarily. That is great customer service. I have since ordered from them many times, always getting my stuff the next day. They are great!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is great stuff! LOL!

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome! I would do that sort of stuff in a heartbeat.
This reminds me of when I sent a pair of oakleys in for repair. I wrote them a long letter explaining how my "friend" was going away to get fixed, and that we've had a lot of fun together. Then I described some of the stuff we did... I wish I still had that letter... I don't know if anyone got a kick out of it, but they did return the letter with my glasses.

Marine Depot is a great light-hearted fun company! I do like their presence in the forums, always there to answer any questions I've had. Plus, I've seen them active on other forums and for any company trying to keep on the cutting edge in this hobby, the forums can be a good place to go!

They seem to be a bunch of happy people, it must be that Cali sun!

Last edited:
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back