• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Nemo's Reef in Charlotte, NC --> LFS review.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this belongs in this forum, but here goes.

I wanted to tell all my reef folks on R@R about Nemo's. These guys exude awesomeness, Let me tell ya! So abot 2 years ago I fond these guys. they were in a tight cramped store in a strip mall. nice folks, nice display of frags and what not. I was visiting for work and didnt have the nerve to buy and transport corals yet. They offered to ship my purchase! cool.. I declined anyways.

Fast Forward to this week. Again, out that way for work, I knew I wanted to buy some corals. I was running late from my meetings and called them. Guy said he woudl hang out till I go there as I was going to arrive at closing time. I got to where I thought their store was, (so did google!!!) and it was GONE. Crapola! it was 6:58 and they closed at 7. I called them back and the guy told me new address and said come on he would wait for me. I get there and the pricing on his frags is PERFECT! Very very affordable on most anything I pointed at. Good looking super healthy stocks. Alot of locally grown zoas too. This is what I was after. super easy to transport on the plane. I waled out of there with 6 nice zoa frags, 2 acans and an Elegance! wow. under $100 too! WOOT WOOT! i wish I had taken more photos of the store because it was laid out really nice. Clean store, Lots of fish in their tanks and every one I saw looked good and healthy.

They baged up my corals and we crammed them into a Hiraki Mysis styrofoam box (my preferred carton for airplane rides) and off to catch my plane. At the TSA checkpoint since we had a good deal of frags, I made sure to have the box in a bin by itself. I told the TSA personnel what it was and she said just run it thru. the scanner flagged it and the older gent took my box and waited for me to gather my luggage. mind you it was 8pm so the security line was NON existant.

I expressed concern about cuting the tape so he let me open the box carefully and then told me that I had to fit all my liquids in a quart ziplock. ALL OF THEM in one bag. Um.... all but 2 fit. I told him they were living and such but he was starting to scare me. Just then a supervisor walked up and told him they were indeed live corals and live organisms and thus their volume didnt matter. she told him they were the same as fish! (um dude. I told you that i thought). he immdeiately said OK and was hands off. said I was good to go. I was so excited. I wanted to show of my stuff to hte lady bacause about 4 or 5 other folks were all looking over our shoulders. but they turned and bailed. LOL. one nicer younger TSA agent helped me re-tape it up and I went to the bar.

everything made it home ok and was in the tank by 1 am. elegance was open and doing its happy dance this morning in the ambient light before I left for work.

Here are some of their corals for sale. Loved that I could see them all top down.

my elegance looks like the one in the middle here, only it had a 2" wide base. they order them in large and then they cut and heal them up.
20140918_192401_1.jpg

2014-09-18192346.jpg

20140918_192242_1.jpg

20140918_192234_1.jpg

20140918_192220_1.jpg

20140918_192217_1.jpg

Last edited:

lumbeejerk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I'm like a hour half away still not had a chance to go since they rebuilt

Merck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next time you're up there stop in fintastic , And thanks for letting us know about Nemos I do the same thing when I'm in town I get bored and go fish store shopping. Ps. I transported sharks one Time in the winter!!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back