• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Mr. Coral Feedback

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to share my experience I had with my Mr. Coral order.

I had ordered the 7 sps pack and received all corals accordingly. The box was nicely packaged and all corals made the trip fine. All sps were double bagged and only one piece broke off the frag plug.

All frags were fresh cut and didn't look like any had a chance to heal before being shipped. No bags were labeled so my guess is as good as anyone's as to what each piece was.
After acclimation, 2-3 pieces RTN'ED before the end of the week, the rest slowly followed suit within a period of 1-2 months. I run a mainly SPS system and had bought a lot of other frags at that time and all of those survived except for 2-3 pieces out of roughly 40. So, the percentages are high with deaths for just the Mr. Coral order. Also, their frag sizes were definitely much smaller than any other vendor I ordered from.

The communication was to the point, nothing extra, but that's all I needed anyways.

So now, not a single frag made it. Am I disappointed with the order, you bet. Will I order again, definitely not.

What would change my mind? If they made a true effort to let the frags heal. This is a coral chop shop in the truest sense of the word. Also, labeling the frags is such a minimal effort for them and I am sure will be very much appreciated by the end client that I'm surprised by this much feedback about letting frags heal and about labeling the corals, that they have not started to do that yet.

I think those two small things would make them go from an oft complained about vendor to a great vendor. The quality of the corals was definitely there with what I received but in the end, the two miscues left the client with nothing to show for their hard-earned money and a bitter taste in their mouth.

mr.coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry you had issue with your EBay order. Please contact Bryan with that issues and see what he can do for you. I really did not like how he was taken care of Ebay on the frags and parted ways from him. However, if he does not take care of you please Pm me and I will give him a call myself.

Sorry about that.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the response but this was not an eBay order.

Just wanted to put my experience out there and hope that it will warrant some change down the line with regards to letting frags heal and labeling frags. The pieces I received were great specimens but the lack of heal time before shipping did them in.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back