• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Petco online livestock experience

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

dragonfisher33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in light of the news of Petco acquiring Dr.F&S, i have always wondered if anyone had livestock purchased online and what their experience was. I know that they use QM and offer a guarantee on the livestock. Anyone with a good experience? bad experience? did they refund or give you a store credit/gift card for the deceased animal? anything in general.

ReefFreak@

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to seem like i am hating on Petco, but in my area the in store quality of there saltwater livestock is horrible. Some examples are yellow tang and fox faced housed to together in a 12 inch sectioned of part of a tank, also anemones being kept with regular lighting. Im not in this hobby to see animals suffer therefore i do not support Petco in anyway.

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The in store always looks a mess, fish are almost always sick from the in store.
Online is a different story.
I have used their online store, I got a few clams from them, all of which have died. That isn't to say it was their quality though. I dropped my derasa trying to move her to another tank, she took a bad fall back inside the tank with the rock she was attached. She was super healthy for about 5 months that i had her.
My crocea lasted about a year, bored itself into its rock, and something in the tank was bothering it. Maybe the blenny that kept resting on it or my annoying shrimp, either way she stood closed for a few days and died one day. I still have 4 big maximas not from petco in the tank so it definitely wasn't a water issue.
I have also bought fish from them online in the past. My mistake was buying things when on sale and rushing them into an already sick tank. (rookie moves). Besides my mistakes the fish looked super healthy until they got sick.
Anyway, If you are within their guarantee period and you send them a photo they will give you your money back in full. If you add a little extra complaining they even give you some rewards towards your next purchase.
All in all, if you are experienced and QT what you get and acclimate properly you can get some nice stuff from them and if you wait for a sale you can get them pretty decently prices. 14 day guarantee is not bad compared to a lot of these 1 or 2 hours places that are priced higher.

Ledreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416659161.234963.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416659176.351231.jpg

All the fish I got from Petco and they doing great ! Eat from my hand u guys never going get blue assessor for 17,99 $ only Petco. The others store or online sell it for 99$-150$ each I love Petco.

Ledreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cuz I feed him with lobster eggs rich on omega -3

moulton712

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1/2 my fish are from petco. Also online and in store are different.
All my live rock came online. I couldn't beat the price. When I got the rock 2 years ago it was $150 shipped for 50# of fuji live rock. Stuff is amazing. No pest of any kind.

Just be a good shopper, there are good and bad things to be had everywhere.

ReefFreak@

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow guys.You have opened my eyes. I just assumed since there in store is crap there online stuff will be crap also, but those a beautiful fish you got there. I still don't like the idea of the in store animals be treated like crap.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back