• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Bad Experience with NY Aquatics

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

gemini9

Newb!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First and last time I'll order from NY Aquatics and wanted to share my experience so that others are aware of the shady business.

I have been looking for a Randall's Goby (Orange Stripe Prawn) and found one in stock at NYAquatics.com. Awesome, I thought to myself. So I ordered the little guy. To try and justify shipping costs, I added a few more items to my cart that I could purchase at my LFS, but the purpose of my order was to get the Goby. When the item arrived, it was the wrong fish. The species/listing on the website also vanished. Instead of the Randalls Goby, I received some other fish that was ill on arrival and died the same day. Still working with seller to establish satisfactory resolution, but I don't see it happening. I may end up going to BBB. I won't give any more of the details, but this is a merchant to be weary of, IMO. The fish they shipped me wasn't even listed on their site.

fishmom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did this work out?
I was thinking of trying them, but you've made me nervous.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.4%

Back