• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

AlgaeBarn

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to give this vendor a positive review. I've kind of been in limbo as of late when it comes to ordering pods, as I don't really trust my former supplier anymore and another vendor I had multiple communication snafus with. Anyway, onto the review...

I ordered 2 16oz bottles of "Poseidon's Feast Live Copepods" and 1 bottle of "OceanMagik Live Phytoplankton" from AlgaeBarn Live Copepods and Phytoplankton. Phytoplankton is phytoplankton, but I was very impressed with all the thousands of tiny Tigger & Tisbe pods I saw swimming in the bag (no, I didn't count them all :xd:). I prefer these over larger amphipods; because tisbe are the pods that live inside the crevices of our rocks that mandarins like to hunt down, while tiggers are larger, more active pods that will swim in the water column and their jerky swimming motion elicits a strong feeding response in seahorses/pipefish. So, it's a nice mixture.

Shipping arrived on schedule and was well packaged/sealed. And with only a $40 minimum required to get free shipping, I will be ordering again & again.

Thank you, Algaebarn! :angel:

vic67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just a shipment today from AlgaeBarn. I have been using them for copepods only and have been very satisfied with the quality of their product.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the review. Do you know if you order these and add them to your tank will they naturally survive and reproduce if you do not have fish that actively hunt them?

CORAL JUNKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to give this vendor a positive review. I've kind of been in limbo as of late when it comes to ordering pods, as I don't really trust my former supplier anymore and another vendor I had multiple communication snafus with. Anyway, onto the review...

I ordered 2 16oz bottles of "Poseidon's Feast Live Copepods" and 1 bottle of "OceanMagik Live Phytoplankton" from AlgaeBarn Live Copepods and Phytoplankton. Phytoplankton is phytoplankton, but I was very impressed with all the thousands of tiny Tigger & Tisbe pods I saw swimming in the bag (no, I didn't count them all :xd:). I prefer these over larger amphipods; because tisbe are the pods that live inside the crevices of our rocks that mandarins like to hunt down, while tiggers are larger, more active pods that will swim in the water column and their jerky swimming motion elicits a strong feeding response in seahorses/pipefish. So, it's a nice mixture.

Shipping arrived on schedule and was well packaged/sealed. And with only a $40 minimum required to get free shipping, I will be ordering again & again.

Thank you, Algaebarn! :angel:

Great thread idea ! I actually ordered , my first ever pods , from them yesterday . Ordered 1 16 oz bottle of the Poseidon feast and 1 photo. For my 93 cube . My question is how often would I have to add pods and how well I know ?

ChrisAndJulie2012

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to bring an old thread back from the dead but coral junky how much did you add to your tank at a time. I just ordered some for a finicky mandarin that's in our 125.

CORAL JUNKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to bring an old thread back from the dead but coral junky how much did you add to your tank at a time. I just ordered some for a finicky mandarin that's in our 125.
I added all the pods at once so they could start to colonize as I was seeding a fairly new tank . I fed the phyto every other day and I think it was 1 ml per gallon but honestly I'm not really sure . Hope this helps

ChrisAndJulie2012

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from these guys. Quick shipping but they only ship mon thru wed cutoff at noon if my memory serves me right. They come from Colorado and its been cold here in the Memphis area. They were well packaged and all seem to be moving around. Clear bag/bottle and very clean looking water.

I'd give these guys my business any day and recommend them too!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from them too (again) not so long ago. Actually it was a group buy for my local club. Everyone was happy. :)

Mike N

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're currently running a two-for-one special for new customers.
I ordered 10,560 pods + 32oz phyto for about $60 w/ free shipping.
I'm not sure if thats a good deal or pure marketing, but im glad to see positive reviews for this vendor after placing an order.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back