• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Worse then Petco

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Sharkbait420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it is hard to believe but I was at Pets a Warehouse in NY. The stores name one forums is FAVIAFREAK, don't support this abuse.

I went to PetsWarehouse and was shocked at what I saw. A near 3 foot shark in a 72 gallon tank. The sharl was cut up and the cuts were infected. The shark also had gill flukes or a similar parasite.

I wanted to buy it but the employee told me $250. The employee told me the shark was in perfect health and needed a little melaflex. He did use the work perfect. That shark in perfect health should not be over $150. I wanted to buy it but did not want to support a store taphat abuses fish like this. That shark is destined to die prematurely if he does not get a better home. The condition that shark was in the store should sell it at cost and be happy if someone buys it. It is hard enough selling large sharks. Selling ones in that condition is near impossible.

What is even more disturbing is that I posted this on my local fourm and some of the moderators are covering it up and claiming that the shark is in great care. Pictures to come.

[youtube]vFoF6vaFWSQ[/youtube]
[youtube]pxIFIj1f9Nk[/youtube]

OP
OP
S

Sharkbait420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A interesting article

It’s the story of a multi-million dollar lawsuit that has transformed a sleepy online community of aquatic plant gardeners into a hotbed of accusations of libel, conspiracy, defamation, computer hacking, infringement on freedom of speech and even death threats.

The plaintiff in the case of Robert Novak vs. APD List Members, filed last May in a federal court in New York, seeks damages of more than $15 million. The FBI has even been notified, although there is no public evidence to date that it is conducting an investigation.

“I’ve been an attorney for over 20 years, and I have rarely seen anything that’s as frivolous as this is,” says John Benn, a lawyer and aquarist in Sheffield, Ala., who collects monies for the legal defense of the defendants named in the case. So far, says Benn, the defense fund has raised more than $14,000 from online sympathizers around the globe.

But now the defense fund itself has become a legal target — and that raises questions of just what kind of comments are protected speech on the Internet, and how far a company can go in attempting to guard its trademarks. For Benn, the lawsuit may be frivolous, aimed at stifling criticism, but for Robert Novak, the founder and owner of PetsWarehouse.com, the reputation of a company is at stake.

The aquatic plant spat may be just another online brush fire, but the issues at the heart of the struggle reach far. The Internet makes it easy to express your opinion; anyone who’s ever been caught in the cross fire of an all-out flame war knows that. But does it make it too easy? And when litigation follows flaming words, how far will an online community go to fight back?

Free speech and the Internet: A fish story - Salon.com

OP
OP
S

Sharkbait420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Download-File

Download-File

Download-File

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Moved to vendor feedback. Hopefully Pets Warehouse will comment. In the meantime per R2R policy about negative feedback, only the OP and the vendor may comment on this issue. Thanks for understanding.

OP
OP
S

Sharkbait420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for moving it to the correct forum. I am not a technology person. I found a fish store called Aquarium Village which is only minutes away because of this incident.

PetsWarehouse2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry this type of diatribe continues online. This individual has been harassing us for a while now on several forums under different user names.
The shark was dropped off at our doorstep and the person took off, we were trying to rescue the fish at time the pics may have been taken, it was only in that store for a short while until it was relocated to our larger store in Copiague for rehab purposes, we did in fact save him and he did recover.

This is a case of a miss guided individual attempting to disparage our stores all his other posts had different story lines.

Notice these were his only posts herein.

PetsWarehouse.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back