• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Unpleasant Coralvue cutomer service regarding Maxspect Razor! Please help if you can.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

TiggerMillions

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
First of all, at the moment, my ticket has been opened for 58 days, unresolved.

I have purchased two 300W 16000K Maxspect Razor R420r last year around March. Around Jan. 30 of this year, one of the light is permanently dimmed on the left side(the side where the power cable attach to). All 3 LED panels dimmed to about 50%. I tried to clean it and check connections and nothing works. Then out of curiosity. I switch the middle control board with the one that's at the left side(300W razor run on two R4_200W_A2). Now the dimming issue switched side.

Then, I have tried to call Maxspect and Coralvue and I was unable to get a hold of anyone. Thus I summited a ticket on Feb. 1. Initially, response was quick. Then the Customer service agree to send me a new control board. However, the board was bad and completely shuts my light off. Long story short, I have emailed them back and forth with them in their horrid ticket system(sometimes the system mix up the customer emails and names depending on who logs in previously). I have also waited for their new boards to come in as they claimed the boards were completely out of stock. So 2 weeks ago, I received another board. Now this board it's even worst, because it's not even the board for the 300W model.

So 58 days pass, issue is still unresolved. My previous email was sent 2 days ago and still no proper respond. I can't even find the correct board to purchase off their website nor any instructions regarding where to do so.

At this point I have gave up on the warranty entirely as I have a heavily stocked reef. My corals have not been getting enough light for 2 months already! So someone please help me and let me know how to get a hold of these guys. I need a right phone number or something, thanks.

Chris@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, the ticket you submitted on our support portal became corrupted and we were not able to reply back. Our IT manager located your email address and I sent a message this morning.

Chris

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 145 60.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 84 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 42 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 64 26.9%

Back