• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

reef2go

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

thakid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well let's see I bought some stuff from these guys and so far, I have had trouble with turn around's.. I might be wrong but I bought some pod's, tigerconch, and peppermint shrimp. when I got the order and opened it the box had water. the 3 of 4 bags leaked. The ones with the pod's, and the two with1 each tigerconch. the bags had tiny holes in them. I then send email to them about the problem and pictures of the two almost empty bags and one with about 1/4 full bag.
they send me an email saying that that is how the stuff is shipped out. that they don't need allot of water. that they will survive. and this is where i have the problem. Am I wrong here or are they ok. I will post pic later phone is dead. They also asking if I properly acclimate acclimate what. the only animals that made it where the ppr. shrimp. and about 50-70 pods. sat there and took all the dead ones out.

they stated that pods only need about a table spoon of water to survive.

I just want to know if this is a proper shipping method?

vic67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leaking bags are never a sign of good shipping practices. I'm surprised that you had livestock that survived the shipping. You are not wrong to be concerned and reefs2go really screwed up on your order. Unfortunately yours is a common story with that company. You can Google their reviews or search this "Vendor Feedback" forum for others' experiences. I hope you can get a refund. GL

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered Soft coral packs that ships free in addition of Tiger conch few months ago. My order was fine but did not get two items. I did a follow up emails mostly every week and still took about two months to get my refund. Hope you get some back.

jeffp1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are hit and miss on their orders. They messed up a shipment to me that set at UPS all weekend. They did reship the whole order the next week. They don't put enough water in the fish bags as stated above. I won't be ordering anymore fish from them because of a 50% survival rate. I do like their free overnight shipping being I live in Florida though.

OP
OP
T

thakid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and these r the bags it came in .

scrt1.jpg
scrt2.jpg
scrt3.jpg

OP
OP
T

thakid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and the email they send me.

Racheal replied:
Joe,

The Pods and other inverts are shipped with very little water. The Pods will only contain about a teaspoon of water, this is because they do not need to be fully submerged and there is enough water in the filter media to keep them stable. With the snails, they are shipped with just enough water to cover their shells – this too is because they do not need to be fully submerged. Shipping with too much water will cause them to be tossed around the bags in turbulence.

I see that the items are still in the bags – did you acclimate the Conchs?

Thank you for your business and Happy Reefing!

~Racheal

kacrocorals581

Gotta have that acro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
every time I've got pods from them they look like yours and never had problems with them that being said I wouldn't buy any big$ stuff from them cause my 1st order ever was corals and was like most experience but seems like the best place to get pods for the $

jdpeters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had recently ordered from them also. got the 6 soft coral pack. They substituted my rhodactis mushroom for a common blue striped one that was DOA. They also substituted my clove polyps for GSP. hardly the same value imo. 3 of the 4 zoanthid frags were mostly melted and still havent really opened up with what is left intact. I got one good coral which was a common run of the mill green paly that is healthy. 1 out of 5 stars......

JVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I ordered 2 x from them and both times not thrilled!! Leaking warm water! 2 of 5 frags survived.. Sent pic they said they could see it that good. REALY? Maybe because there was not much to see! I'm done with them! Once burned, twice shy, 3rd time I'm the idiot! so Ill stop at twice is enough!

whatchamacallit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are right around the corner from me, my recommendation is to run very far away

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back