What Video camera do you recommend? Post your video/link!

Engineeringman27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! Looking for recommendations on what video camera to purchase that would be great at capturing the colors and detail of the corals and fish in my aquarium. Really looking for something that is not too expensive that can do hd video and pictures. I love watching some of the HD reef aquariums posted on YouTube and would like to be able to post some myself.

Thanks for the help!

Attach, or provide a link of some of your favorite videos you have taken!

joesreeftank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Swanncloud, I do not like it, is is choppy, i even hard wired it to my router and still choppy. Let me know what you end up getting. I would recommend spending a little more now so you do not end up like me, looking to buy another!

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was shot with a basic Sony fx7. I have done a lot of mods to it since shooting the videos i have on the channel. And it's an older camera, but still works well..

20minute edit:Reef progress: http://youtu.be/R-Kfv7Fn6ak

But the one thing i would suggest is getting a camera with lots of manual features and manual focus and zoom rings. These things put you into a prosumer camera, but you get a ton more options.. There is also a Sony(pjx970) that is micro sized that takes utterly insane video.. And i mean it's a very, very beautiful picture..

The Canon, i think it's xa10 or 20(i know they are in the 1000.00 to 1500.00 price range) are nice current devices also..

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, i watched that one and marked his page.. Good looking out!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back