Knock Knock?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Video-up Vivid Aquariums, your fans await... :wink:

srpsycho11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread, have been thinking the same thing myself. Made it to Vivid for the first a couple weeks ago, amazing store. Really miss the YouTube videos.

Vivid Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK - I've spent the last year creating vividpetsupplies.com but now I am finally ready to start making Vivid Aquariums videos again. I am trying to come up with topics now and hope to start shooting again within a few weeks.

Does anyone have any topics they would like to see me cover?

Dave

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK - I've spent the last year creating vividpetsupplies.com but now I am finally ready to start making Vivid Aquariums videos again. I am trying to come up with topics now and hope to start shooting again within a few weeks.

Does anyone have any topics they would like to see me cover?

Dave

Just remember you asked.... lol.... Coral placement by type, coexistence, and color wheel?

OP
OP
thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquascaping!!!! I think it's the most overlooked point of building a tank. People spend months planning and thousands of dollars purchasing equipment, just the throw the rock in there in 30 minutes and call it done.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, keep on posting more my friend, Houston is sure quite down a lot.
15 hrs of no post in the general section is sad for a large city as Houston.

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquascaping!!!! I think it's the most overlooked point of building a tank. People spend months planning and thousands of dollars purchasing equipment, just the throw the rock in there in 30 minutes and call it done.

I pretty much agree with this and think more time needs to be spent on this part of the hobby & a video addressing this would be helpful imo to new reefers just coming into the hobby. Reefers set up Aqua Scapes that are appealing to the eye, not necessarily to what is the best scape for the corals that they are going to be interested in putting into their tanks.

Say you are wanting to have a LPS tank with a heavy interest in Acan corals, Scolys, Acanthophyllia and the like. You would be shooting yourself in the foot if you are not leaving yourself enough open areas on your sand bed to accommodate these corals. A larger sump tank might be in order to accommodate more Live Rock that you won't be able to put into the display tank to keep the sand bed open to place the corals you will be wanting to place on the sand bed in the display tank.

SPS tanks are the complete opposite from the LPS tank when it comes to the scape needed to accommodate these corals. The SPS tank needs more Live Rock to place corals, accommodate the flow that these corals require, and the lighting that needs to be hitting these corals as they grow.

All of this is a bit much to ask of a new reefer to the hobby, to know that they need to accommodate all of their corals needs to their new tanks when it comes to Aqua Scapescaping, a video would go a long way to help them with these choices, and to serve as a reminder to the season reefer at the same time. After buying the equipment that will be running your system, Aqua Scaping is the next most major thing you will do to your tank.

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%

Back