• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Who's willing to ship to Australia ???

rob7777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in desperate need of some of the strains of zoas and Sps can anyone send to oz and mark box as not live Coral to get in the country

760mason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? Go swimming in your backyard. I wish i lived in Australia my tank would be stocked. (legal or not) You have the great barrier reef . Google zoas in Vietnam you will find someone to sell you a box of coral with no shipping info. look on alibaba

OP
OP
rob7777

rob7777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He thinks that it's so accessible not everyone lives in North Queensland and has a boat to do the 80kilometres to the reef

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's not many LFS here. And all the good stuff gets sent to the US where they fetch a higher price. You could go into 50 different LFSs in aus and find the same 10 corals in every tank and every coral will either be red, green or brown lol. Every now and then you'll find a gem, but they're extremely rare and expensive. For instance, I've only seen peppermint shrimp for sale twice in almost 4 years and both have been upwards of $200ea, it seems like they're really cheap and common in the US.

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's not many LFS here. And all the good stuff gets sent to the US where they fetch a higher price. You could go into 50 different LFSs in aus and find the same 10 corals in every tank and every coral will either be red, green or brown lol. Every now and then you'll find a gem, but they're extremely rare and expensive. For instance, I've only seen peppermint shrimp for sale twice in almost 4 years and both have been upwards of $200ea, it seems like they're really cheap and common in the US.

Are you sure you mean peppermints??? They retail for about $25ea and are sold pretty much everywhere. Redline cleaners are about $170-190 depending on size and are pretty frequently available and bloodline cleaners are $200+ depending on size and where you buy from and are far less common but still obtainable though :)
Also with corals here there is some fantastic stuff around but no one wants to share as they don't want them to become available and cheaper so everyone hordes!! It's a massive pain in the bum!! I managed to score some beautiful darth maul zoa's the other day and that was absolutely fantastic to get something quite rare (for Aus at least haha) you just have to know where to look is all!!

darylb94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm mates with the guy who runs the salt section at my LFS I'm hoping I can see some of there corals before they go on display iv already got a few frags from them

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes sorry guys. Bad time for a typo, I do mean cleaners. It's weird, I know what peppermints are and I know what cleaners are, but I always get the name mixed up lol.
I find it really frustrating that we always see "new aussie frags!" here on R2R and they're these crazy coloured pieces that we'll never see.

OP
OP
rob7777

rob7777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gonna get some acros ordered in so I can start fragging and look after my fellow Aussies so hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be able to hook some of you guys up and even some swaps

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gonna get some acros ordered in so I can start fragging and look after my fellow Aussies so hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be able to hook some of you guys up and even some swaps

What sort of acro's? And out of curiosity, from a wholesaler, collector or a store (online or shop front)??

OP
OP
rob7777

rob7777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a mate who works at a Lfs he's gonna do a special order

OP
OP
rob7777

rob7777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gonna try some acros montis and favia see how I go

OP
OP
rob7777

rob7777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just give me 4 to 6 weeks guys then I'll post some pics

cmantis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its actually the Japanese who get most of the nice stuff. They pay almost double and its closer so less DOA. I miss Australia used to live in Port Douglas.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 8.8%
Back