• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Where can i find a bunch of aptasia?

mikienhecker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need aptasia for my nudi's. I have 2 anemones left and i am trying to get them to make more but soon i will be out. If anyone will send me anemones i can send them nudi's in the future. I have two but i am trying to get them to breed. Also if anyone has info on breeding bergia nudibranchs it would be greatly appreciated if you could steer me in the right direction. I never thought i would be trying to grow more aptasia lol.

haleyf1024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to a bunch of LFS and look in their chaeto and LR, you may be able to find small pieces of FL live rock, which usually come with aptaisia. I have also found them in chaeto from reefs2go.

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell me a way to scrape them off my rock and I will send you a whole load of them. I have a tank overrun with them.

OP
OP
M

mikienhecker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i need at least 8or more would be better. Getting them off of glass and out of the sand is easier. My nudi's are laying eggs right now and i am trying to find someone local but if its not too much trouble i can send you some nudi's in the future for trade. It will take at least 3 to 4 weeks till i can even tell what they are. But i am a man of my word and if the babys live i will send you 3 or 4 for the anemones. Just keep in mind it will take a month or more before i can send you any.

boomtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have more aptasia than I know what to do with if you're looking for a place to house some temporarily. Pm me and we can talk details

Big Dog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a trick that can get the apt to adhere to something other than the rock but it takes isolation. You might try it a few pieces at a time for eradication or to get them on something you can ship. I used ceramic tiles but it might work on something as simple as a plastic plate., lexy, etc. ..............

I bought a running tank a few years ago that had been taken over by apt. I used new LR to put it back up. The rock that came with the tank, I placed in a 40 gallon rubbermaid with just enough water to cover it, heater and a couple power heads. I then took ceramic floor tiles and covered the top of the rock completely and put the lid on the rubbermaid.

One week later I took the lid off. It was amazing how many apt where attached (covered on the undersides) to the tiles obviously looking for light. Took the tiles and hosed off the apt and put them back in the rubbermaid. Every week I did the same thing and the numbers got less and less. Probably took 4 months to eventually get nothing on the tiles. I used the rock on a couple other tanks and never had an issue after. I did a couple small water changes in that time using DT waste water.

Last edited:

jt17

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was talking with someone at a lfs and they told me there is a wholesale supplier of Aptasia but I can't remember who it was. They were like 9 bucks ea. so probably not an economically viable solution. I would be glad to hall you out if my Aptasia tank didn't crash last month. I had 40 gal. Full of Aptasia that I moved from my DT before adding a CBB. With 3 other systems to maintain thie apts were always last on the list and we all know what happens in this hobby with neglect. Good luck on your search.

K SEE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only LFS in Billings, MT has tons of overrun rocks. Some football sized pieces of lr that have dozens of them. I don't want to name them but if you search billings fish stores there's only one (besides petsmart lol). They might be willing to ship if you call them.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back