WV reefers

totion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering who all is from wv on here. I know of myself and ascarbro14 here in Beckley, and I have a friend in Williamstown not on here. Anyone else?

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

OP
OP
totion

totion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a guy in wheeling who sells frags at good prices. Saw his ad on Craigslist. It wasn't too expensive to have them shipped either. When I can I like to go to specialty pets but the cost of tolls and gas makes shipping them to me cheaper. What size tank you have?

hitmanhoos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
220 fish only, 125 reef. Mainly zoas & acans.

Have you seen Specialty Pets 500 gallon display tank? It's gonna be killer. SPS only.

OP
OP
totion

totion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last time I was there it was dry.

I've been wondering about it. I need to get up there soon.

hitmanhoos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not dry anymore. It just cycled and they started putting clean up crew in. They are going to stock it with fish and get the tank established before adding the SPS. You can see pics on their facebook page.

hkinsured

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm up in the Morgantown area and have 2 nano tanks (29gal (reef)/6gal(basically empty). I'm just getting back into the hobby after about 10yrs. I was doing some trading/giving away of coral last year, but the Hurricane Sandy winter snow/ice storm but a hurtin' on my tanks; we were without power for 12 days. We actually ran an extension cord to a converter in our car and ran the filters a few hours a day, but the temperature was all over the place for those 2 weeks. Surprisingly I only lost a few inverts; one of them was an amazing piece of leather coral that had grown to over a foot long and probably 8-10" across (it was getting too big for the tank anyways). There doesn't seem to be very many marine/reef people around in WV and I don't know of many pet stores with marine/reef items around here either.

OP
OP
totion

totion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i lived in morgantown when i was 19 for a few short months, but wasn't into reefing then. my tank has been up for about a year now, its a 29 gallon with a 15 long for a sump, and i am almost done building a 10 gallon frag tank that will be plumbed into the system.

hkinsured i asked the guy in wheeling if its cool to give you his info for frags, he has great prices, for 125 shipped (beckley is a little far to drive there for pickup) i got 3 acan frags and 4 sps frags (2 ora neon green birsdnest and two green milleporas).

we have a lfs here i get fish and sometimes inverts from, usually on order and i get it before it hits there water. less stress on them going from bag to my system in stead of there system then mine)

specialty pets in nitro is awesome, but its quite a drive from motown. there is another guy on here from morgantown, wvreefer is his name i think. maybe he knows some places.

if i lived in morgantown i'd prrobably be going to pittsburgh for corals, there has to be some good lfs there.

the guy in wheeling should be about an hour from ya?

here is his craigslist ad

Mrc8858

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you totion! Hope everything thrives for you and if you are interested in anything else you have my number.

OP
OP
totion

totion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem. The acans are all growing new heads, and the sps are alive. I can see the birds next starting new branches, not sure on the mille, it looks like it has fuzzy little polyps out, and both are coloring up. I really want to make the switch to leds in the next few months and I'm sure I'll definitely be able to keep sps then.

My mille is kinda close to my frogspawn, which hasv2 heads now but looks like it has 4 more coming in. That will make it huge.

mtnrunner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Charleston. Fuji's Reef has good quality coral and fish. Inland Reef is also in charleston but doesn't have much in corals.

mtnrunner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is just off corridor g, before you get to the Southridge shopping center, just south of charleston.

1113 Jefferson Rd, South Charleston, WV
(304) 744-0041

OP
OP
totion

totion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitro WV has a store called specialty pets. It's about the only one I go to. I need to check out fujis reef in Charleston. There is a guy in wheeling who grows and sells corals, and I have a frag tank I grow mostly zoos and palys in. I'm working on setting up a frag tub in my basement as my ten gallon is getting crowded.

Where in WV are you moving to?

mtnrunner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is also Inland Reef in Cross Lanes. Fuji's is my fav. Otherwise it's a trip to Columbus for the best.

What type of tank do you guys have?

OP
OP
totion

totion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to inland once on an off day during a slow time I guess. Not to much there at all. I'm looking for a Ruby red dragnet and was thinking about asking specialty to order me one and then trade some zoas on it

Back