Starting a reef club i Northern WV

MounteeFrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys and girls putting out a feeler to see who would be interested in starting a reef club. I live in Morgantown and would love to have a reef club near by, a meeting maybe once a month where we can discuss and learn from each other.

If you would be interested let me know. Let me know what you would like to happen at the meetings? If we can get a decent group i would like to have our first meeting in January.

Thanks

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck. I started the Louisville Marine Aquarium Society in 1985 still going thru ups and downs. We have held four MACNA's.

SantaMonicaHelp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck on the new club! I have an idea that i saw on other forum that i think it's great. They rotated locations to every member's house and talk about their own tanks and have food with the meeting. Hope this may help some how :)

OP
OP
MounteeFrag

MounteeFrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is something I was thinking of doing SantaMonica. If we rotated we could learn from each others set ups. I have no interest so far. Hopefully get 1 or 2 interested and then maybe they know somebody and they know somebody and so on.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is best to start with finding people and becoming friends. I have been involved with our club since starting it in 1985. We have had meeting in a public library then rotated thru people homes then at LFS and Pizza restaurants. I have found that you will end up with a core group of people with a lot of people that come and go. Reef Hobbyist can be loners. Just develop friendships with the ones that show up and enjoy the hobby that way an don't get discouraged
when there is just a couple of people coming out. Hang out at the LFS in your area and hand out business cards with your name and email address. get their email address. Sit up a Facebook page all this helps you start out.

plasma327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize this is an old thread but did this group ever come together? I am in Morgantown and think I am the only reefer in the city!

OP
OP
MounteeFrag

MounteeFrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing came of it. Not sure many folks in the area come on here. I can't get on Reef2Reef on my phone so I have to find time to get on the computer. So I haven't replied to many comments. Hopefully maybe some folks in the area will see this thread.

OP
OP
MounteeFrag

MounteeFrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize this is an old thread but did this group ever come together? I am in Morgantown and think I am the only reefer in the city!
As I stated in the original post, I live in Morgantown so you are Not the only reefer in the city....LOL

theiceman5207

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would would love to see a reefing community start up here. I am not from Morgantown, but less than an hour away. It just seems that the community is almost non existent around here. I for one will be following the thread.

OP
OP
MounteeFrag

MounteeFrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we need to start something. I wouldn't care if we started with 5 reefers and hope it grew from there. It would be nice to bounce ideas off of people, what works form them, help others out that need it, etc. etc....

theiceman5207

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we need to start something. I wouldn't care if we started with 5 reefers and hope it grew from there. It would be nice to bounce ideas off of people, what works form them, help others out that need it, etc. etc....
I'd be interested in that too.

Truskilzz_710

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys and girls putting out a feeler to see who would be interested in starting a reef club. I live in Morgantown and would love to have a reef club near by, a meeting maybe once a month where we can discuss and learn from each other.

If you would be interested let me know. Let me know what you would like to happen at the meetings? If we can get a decent group i would like to have our first meeting in January.

Thanks
I'm just down in Fairmount....

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back